My system

C

copperkills

Ok so my DT is a 65g Miracles Starfire front tank with corner overflow that leads into my 75g sump.  The DT is lit by 2x150 HQI DE Phoenix 14000K (no supplemental at this point) I am running a mixed reef at this point experimenting with SPS.  I think I have managed to satisfy flow requirements for everyone at this point.  I have two Koralia Nanos (425gph) in the rear corners, a Koralia3(750gph) on the left and an EcoTech MP10ES on the right.  I plan to split my return into two and remove the Nanos.  The overflow is split into two different flows.  The left overflow passes through a 200micron sock and feeds my skimmer (AquaC EV-180) and into my return (Mag7).  The right overflow is extremely low flow and passes through a 100micron sock, through LR rubble and Seachem Matrix BioMedia then into my fuge.  The fuge is lit by a Hagen 2x39W T5HO and a single CFL@6500k.  I am at the point where I have placed everything and am simply waiting for things to grow.  I have not yet installed my Tunze ATO or my dual reactors(Carbon/GFO).  I have increased my livestock feedings two fold (mysis/flake/pellet) and feed Reef Roids weekly.

Livestock
Snowflake clown
2xPicasso clowns
Black Oscellaris
Watchmen Goby
Mandarin Goby
Chromis
Yellow Tang
2xBristle Stars
Blue Tuxedo Urchin
2xTiger Tail Cucumbers(absolutely fantastic at detritus removal!!)
Snails(Astrea/Trochus/Nassarius/Mexican Turbo)
Blue Leg Hermit Crabs (only three or four, I hate these buggars)

I plan on adding a Flame Angel to the family.

Cheers!
Ty

C

copperkills

and Vince wanted me to post a pic of my overflow/return fitting...the return is sent up through the overflow....

P

phi delt reefer

Looks good.man. u should post pics of ur old sump, lol. Bottom of it looked like an outhouse, that i had the.pleasure of tasting :-[

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Coming along nicely.

I see you like the designer clowns too.  If you make it out to my place I have a couple of nice pairs of clowns to show you.

C

copperkills

Do you still have that snowflake you were looking to find a new home for?  My black oscellaris is getting picked on, Im likely gunna let him go and will need a partner for my lone flake.

F

Fraggle Rock

Looking great! What are the measurements of your DT, 36x18x24?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
copperkills link said:
Do you still have that snowflake you were looking to find a new home for?  My black oscellaris is getting picked on, Im likely gunna let him go and will need a partner for my lone flake.
no sorry....

C

copperkills

yes the measurements are 36x24x18", if I had to do it again I would have gotten a 90....65g was a good size tank before I put it in the wall...now its looks...well...small..lol

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
copperkills link said:
yes the measurements are 36x24x18\", if I had to do it again I would have gotten a 90....65g was a good size tank before I put it in the wall...now its looks...well...small..lol

..then I am sure if you would have went with a 90g, you would be wishing that you went to a 120g ;D

E

El concistador

your tank looks detritus free. I like the small rock's between your baffle, good idea.

C

copperkills

My new captively propogated BTA....he was about 6" in diameter when I got him and bright red....its been two days, hes settled in his spot getting used to my lighting....his tentacles are bright orange under my lighting with a green oral disc....cant wait for him to come out fully...