My zoa's are slowly dying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleko

Hey everyone its been a long time since i've been on here. I've had allot of zoa's and there is less and less of them each week. Its the same with my Star polyps. The stars are spreading out the base part but there is few polyps than before.

Thanks for your help,
Mason

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Unless it's a pest, it will come down to water quality.  Do you have any test kits/results?

When I found I couldn't keep any zoas alive, my phosphates were through the roof and I had slipped to almost nothing on doing water changes, and when I did change the water I was using tapwater. 

Now I don't think I could kill zoas or star polyps if I wanted to in my tank, although for the life of me I have trouble with clove polyps.  I think I've seen both zoas and green star polyps drop off of rock when they're not happy, it's their way of trying to find a better part of the ocean, they just go with the tide and take their chances.

R

reeffreak

Are you noticing that the colonies are closed in some areas and open in others . You could possible have a zoa nudi munching down on them , they could be very very small and blend into the colors of the zoas .

Status
Not open for further replies.