Nano Refugium Lighting

gagne.pierreluc

Hey guys, I just setup a nano reef tank and I'm using an AquaClear 70 as a refugium. I also live in canada, and im looking for a cUL CSA or ETL listed grow light for cheato, any suggestions? I saw the cheatomax but it won't specify whether its approved or not...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Welcome to the site. Nanos are great tanks. I personally have an IM Nuvo 20 Drop off that I am playing with.

The Chaetomax is an Innovative Marine (IM) product, so it would have a proper rating for us. You can go a little higher end with a AI Prime 16 Fuge or a little different and cheaper then both the prior option with a Tunze Eco Chic, which is actually kind of a cool fuge light that can be mounted even under water.

gagne.pierreluc

Welcome to the site. Nanos are great tanks. I personally have an IM Nuvo 20 Drop off that I am playing with.

The Chaetomax is an Innovative Marine (IM) product, so it would have a proper rating for us. You can go a little higher end with a AI Prime 16 Fuge or a little different and cheaper then both the prior option with a Tunze Eco Chic, which is actually kind of a cool fuge light that can be mounted even under water.
Thanks for the quick reply! When you say it would have proper rating for us....do you mean US as in USA or us as in Canadians?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Thanks for the quick reply! When you say it would have proper rating for us....do you mean US as in USA or us as in Canadians?

Us in Canada. CSA, cUL or cETL is just about universal in Canada, US and UK. I have not found anything particular stating that it is, but IM being a name brand, I would assume so. That is one of the reasons I try to stick to brand name products as they will be listed correctly. Some cheaper off brands are known for even faking the label and/or put the label on because the individual parts are safety listed but not tested after assembly.

Jason Bell

I have the tunze chic and enjoy its versatility. That said for an aquaclear rather over kill as it is bright.

gagne.pierreluc

Hey Bud Where would ya think I could get some Macro around London?.. just in case lol
Hope to see you in Niag show
Hey man, I just go to big Al's lol. The one in mississauga does not have the same stocking in terms of macro than the one in stoney creek, I'd give em a call personally :D

Jason Bell

Stoney Creek aka Hamilton doesn't have much maybe a ball, was there yesterday. Fragbox has a couple different kinds, yes you pay for shipping, but hard to find around here. In the US can order algae from BRS

Sue

If you're still looking for a nano refugium light, I have one that is brand new in the box, Blue and red LED's with bracket, $50