Need help Asap! Coral growing all over live rock and killing all other corals :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thatguy

Hey everyone, I have only posted on here once and am hoping someone can help me out again. I am fairly new to the hobby and even tho I have had a tank going with several corals and a fish for about a year I am still extremely novice. My latest issue, one of my corals is taking over all the live rock killing pretty much everything in its path and spreading quickly. I am not very good with names so my apologies.. I currently have a Kenya tree, had pulsing xenias which the coral in question killed. Next to it is a mushroom looking thing which was originally on a small rock frag but moved itself to a bigger piece of rock..beside it is the coral in question. In the pics which I hope will work, it is on the left, has this purple looking base which is spreading with heads that look like purple and yellow xenias.. and they are bunched together.

If anyone can tell me how I can stop it from killing off everything it would be awesome.. heck even if you want to come over and take it then let me know. I just don't want it killing everything off.
ThanksThanks

T

thatguy

For some reason I cannot get a picture to load from my tablet. I hope my description is sufficient.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Green Star Polyps?
starpolypsgreen.jpg

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
well for a small rock like that on what looks like  a very clean glass bottom,enhanced,and other frags including visible plugs,would think something isnt right here,hardly looks over grown,just remove the rock and give it to jerry,im sure he can do something with it  lol

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
That isn't his photo, I thought he was emailing to you lol. I just pulled this off google, purple base with little Xenia lol :) I think it's gsp, we all know how quick it spreads. We shall wait and see the photo.

spyd

Super Active Member
That was my first thought as well. If it is, you can remove the rock and scrub it off. If you miss any though, it grows back quickly.

Victoss

Petercar link said:
juat pull that rock away and it will only cover that rock  like on the sand bottom as long as it not touching other rock

Except it looks like it may be on the top rock and the large base rock but this is just assumptions from the pic.
I dont think its psp, still looks like it has a hint of green to me :eek:

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Victoss link said:
[quote author=Petercar link=topic=3914.msg34980#msg34980 date=1357345210]
juat pull that rock away and it will only cover that rock  like on the sand bottom as long as it not touching other rock

Except it looks like it may be on the top rock and the large base rock but this is just assumptions from the pic.
[/quote]

Yes I see the green to... Does Gsp brown out?

T

thatguy

Re: Re: Need help Asap! Coral growing all over live rock and killing all other corals :s

Victoss link said:
[quote author=Petercar link=topic=3914.msg34980#msg34980 date=1357345210]

[/quote]

Yes its on the large rock on top and unfortunately on the large base rock. My option right now as I see it is split the top rock from the bottom.. and. Break it apart where there's another coral so it doesn't take over that too.. and also try and salvage the base rock and add some rock down the road..

If anyone would like a piece of the top rock please pm me. I have exams this week but can surely make time if you would like,e to come grab it. I live dt if that helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.