Need Help!

S

sirhc13

Can someone please ID these creatures!
20160915_123534.jpg
20160915_123542.jpg

Painter Steve

Donor
I had an issue with little guys a few years back and went threw the process of using Flatworm RX, its a very long process. After about a month of war I thought I had won the battle but then I started to notice them making a come back so I broke down a bought a yellow wrasse and he took care of them in a couple days. Haven't seen any since. FYI... If you have any small snail or crabs they will become dinner as well. I now only buy larger crabs and snails.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Unless their population hits epic proportions due to serious overfeeding, they are ugly but mostly harmless. Trying to get rid of them with chemicals can nuke your tank in a hurry. Like so many things, they tend to bloom and then die off. Keep feeding under control...get a predator if you like....(red scooters...not Ruby reds...eat them and are an option for a peaceful tank where a wrasse won't fit in), and be patient and they will go away.

Nick James

I have flatworms as well. I have never seen them bother anything. To be honest I haven't really noticed them at all lately. I'll have to go searching for them. If they aren't doing damage, then who cares. More micro creatures eating micro crap and creating a more diverse Eco system. Just my opinion.

And if you find a fish that eats them, free food!

S

sirhc13

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Sealife has a Melanarus in stock so I think I'm going to just trying removing as many as I can each WC and hopefully the Wrasse will take care of a bunch too!

S

sirhc13

Should I be worried about my CUC with the Melanarus? I have Nassarius, Star Cerith, Trochus, Mexican Turbos as well as Peppermint shrimp, Blood Red Fire shrimp and a couple of Strawberry Conch's?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick James

Sealife also has halichores triplus.. Looks like a pink coris wrasse. Stays smaller I believe so may Be less likely to bother your snails.. But no guarantees ;)

Nick James

I knew they had them too, I was in London yesterday and planned on picking up a fish. But they were closed, not open till noon and I had to get back home.

I was leaning toward the pink wrasse but IF they had a juvenile leopard AND it was eating prepared foods I was going to pull the trigger as I have a larger build on the horizon ;)