Need Help!

I was just there last night. I was thinking of getting one of the pink wrasses for my biocube as a flatworm backup. They were a bit larger than I had expected and not quite as nice looking as in the pic on their website. I ended up getting a small long nosed hawkfish instead.

I'd been doing research on the hawkfish as I saw them there a while back. I'm fairly certain that it will be fine in my tank. It's only about 1.5" long. The only other fish I have are an Occ. Clown and Ruby Red Blenny. Not sure if it will eat any flatworms should they present themselves. However I have read that some of the dragonets will eat flatwoms as well. So between the hawkfish and the blenny perhaps one of them will find the flatworms a tasty snack! Or better yet ... hopefully they'll never have to. ;)

S

sirhc13

I was just there last night. I was thinking of getting one of the pink wrasses for my biocube as a flatworm backup. They were a bit larger than I had expected and not quite as nice looking as in the pic on their website. I ended up getting a small long nosed hawkfish instead.

I'd been doing research on the hawkfish as I saw them there a while back. I'm fairly certain that it will be fine in my tank. It's only about 1.5" long. The only other fish I have are an Occ. Clown and Ruby Red Blenny. Not sure if it will eat any flatworms should they present themselves. However I have read that some of the dragonets will eat flatwoms as well. So between the hawkfish and the blenny perhaps one of them will find the flatworms a tasty snack! Or better yet ... hopefully they'll never have to. ;)
Ya I saw the hawk fish there yesterday too....it will devour snails and shrimp when bigger

Ya I saw the hawk fish there yesterday too....it will devour snails and shrimp when bigger

I don't have any shrimp in the tank but I was a bit concerned over all the baby Trochus snails that are in there. I haven't seen it go after any yet but it's too soon to tell and it's still small. Hopefully I'll give it enough other food that it will leave the snails alone. :)