SOLD Need Help

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Looking for a refuge light .. Small and can hang or a 90 degree goose neck or something , want to here what’s out there size is

20” long 8”x9” and half is sand bed , Love to hear what you got

Josh

Mine cost me 19.99
it was a "Vander" brand name. Not listed on amazon anymore, when mine died i checked the comments and found its a pretty common power supply issue.

Any of the 300w black box grow led's will probably last longer. I replaced mine with a 300w "black box" grow led. It has 2 sets of led's one is a blue/white and one is red/pink. I used just the reds personally.

I felt like such an ass I was in bragging to @Winks and recommended the light to him and 3 days later it was dead lol

Josh

COMMENT SECTION

Timothy D.

1.0 out of 5 stars These units fail after just 3-4 months
Reviewed in Canada on March 26, 2020
Color Name: Updated Version UFO 150wVerified Purchase
I have purchased 2 of these units and they have both failed after just 3 months.
I use these in my Saltwater Tanks in open SUMP area for refugium growth and chaeto growth.
My cabinets are pretty open to air but they still fail. I'm not sure if its the saltwater and or just moisture.
BUYER BEWARE any type of moisture gets inside this unit and the light will FAIL.

Matt1997

19A5431C-BC62-4AF0-B9F7-E3073BB3B48E.jpeg
They are built identically to black boxes. They are all made in the same Chinese factories. If you trust a black box over your tank, then using one of these isn’t much different. Just like black boxes, these lights are not waterproof. Is any light really waterproof though?

With that said, I’ve been very happy with mine so far. Fills a large ziplock bag with chaeto 1-2 times a week.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
View attachment 21063 They are built identically to black boxes. They are all made in the same Chinese factories. If you trust a black box over your tank, then using one of these isn’t much different. Just like black boxes, these lights are not waterproof. Is any light really waterproof though?

With that said, I’ve been very happy with mine so far. Fills a large ziplock bag with chaeto 1-2 times a week.

that’s with the UFO lights you sent in the link ?

Matt1997

Prior to using this one, I was using a waterproof 50 watt LED flood light. The same ones I used on the plant wall. It worked perfectly fine as well. Costed around $40

Matt1997

92C67104-7F51-4C75-9068-B057C89FE846.jpeg
15C536BB-18DD-43A2-B9BE-73745D870503.jpeg
The plant wall. Note the supplemental grow lights. Again used in a very humid environment occasionally subjected to direct contact with water.