New 220g Setup. overflow question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
i run a reeflo snapper with 4ft of head on an 80G setup, I run a bean animal drain setup and im using 1" returns, everything works great. Its not too small a drain or two much flow through my sump, I guess some could argue its too much flow.

PS. BRS has a few reeflo pumps in the clearance section, another option would be a DC Controllable pump.

Tinkerbell

Thank You! BRS has the reef flo 5400GPH for $329.00. I think I will get it. Hopefully shipping is. Quick. I'm still really tempted to at least fire up the pool pump and see what happens lol.

So if I have 5400 GPH with say 12ft head, how do I calculate my sump flow? I can still use my powerheads at 3200 GPH each in tank. Which will be what for my DT flow?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Geez.. LOL. you really want a lot of flow... that's way too big also, go with the snapper / dart hybrid.. if for some reason you think you want more flow than the snapper kicks out all you do is switch the impeller and boom you have a dart.. for 320 with both impellers.. you cant go wrong.. also at 97watts your going to be kicking out way way less heat, and saving money!

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
is your sump in the basement or in the room directly behind your tank?

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Coral reef store has the waveline controllable 5000 for 199.  But i dont know what the 10000 is how much gph  Wiyh the controllable yu dont need a valve my valves are at the manifold to the reactors with the 5000

Tinkerbell

Both lol! I have a sidesplit. So the tank is in the living room and behind the wall the sump is in the lower. But it is on a stand so basically it is at the bottom of the tank just in another room.

I was told I needed a lot of flow for a 220 at my head pressure. I had a little giant on my 90£ ksame sump setup). And it pumped about 800GPH after head. It was weak. I had cyano and very little flow. Which was fine for my softies but I want to do some Sps.

I don't want to blow my fish away lol. I just want good flow. What's a girl gotta do for some good flo! I wish I. Could find a used pump. And tonight!! No more patience :(

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Hey you wouldnt happen to be a real estate agent would u? I'd go with the snapper/dart hybrid and you wont be disappointed.. your all plumbed up and ready for a pump like that. reeflo warranty is 5 yrs on the motor and A++ customer support for life.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
that waveline dc pump is sweet. but way way too little flow.

Tinkerbell

Yuppers That's me :) but I'm not allowed to talk about Real Estate lol. I got in trouble on the aquarium pro website because they said by telling people I'm a realtor I was soliciatating and I wasn't a sponsor. I don't want to get in trouble on this site lol.

Ok so back to the snapper then. I wish I had of sttarted looking last week. Even tho I did thing my little giant would at least work till I found something else. I would love to stay under $300 at least till I sell another house hehehe.

spyd

Super Active Member
virginreefer link said:
Yuppers That's me :) but I'm not allowed to talk about Real Estate lol. I got in trouble on the aquarium pro website because they said by telling people I'm a realtor I was soliciatating and I wasn't a sponsor. I don't want to get in trouble on this site lol.

This isn't AP!! Not even close.  ;)

spyd

Super Active Member

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Oh kk, shhh, we wont talk about it then.. lol. Ya I've seen your setup, if your new tank and sump are in the same place as your old tank and sump anything above that snapper/dart is going to be overkill. It is expensive.. but well worth the price, do a google search, I don't think anyone has anything bad to say about reeflo and their products and services. Like I said im running a snapper myself, its on my floor pushing straight up 2 feet to a manifold then its split into three, two 3/4" 5' soft lines up another 3 or so feet into the tank and one 1/2" line into a gfo/carbon reactor, and the flow is unbelievable I have all three pinched off with ball valves to keep it from stirring the sand too much. Plus if you buy the hybrid you can kick it up another notch with the dart impeller but keep the wattage the same.. I was the guy who picked up a gbta from you maybe about a year ago.. I drove from Sarnia, Thanks for the anemone again.. its doing great.

Tinkerbell

IA doesn't have one. I like the blaster to be honest. Small footprint. Royal Aquariums has one in stock. wish me luck.

Thanks for all your guys help.

So happy to hear your anemone is good. I still have Mama and she is still giving me babies. I also have a toadstool that is cloning for me. If your near my house in the future you can stop in and see the new tank. I'll give you another frag :)

Duke link said:
Oh kk, shhh, we wont talk about it then.. lol. Ya I've seen your setup, if your new tank and sump are in the same place as your old tank and sump anything above that snapper/dart is going to be overkill. It is expensive.. but well worth the price, do a google search, I don't think anyone has anything bad to say about reeflo and their products and services. Like I said im running a snapper myself, its on my floor pushing straight up 2 feet to a manifold then its split into three, two 3/4\" 5' soft lines up another 3 or so feet into the tank and one 1/2\" line into a gfo/carbon reactor, and the flow is unbelievable I have all three pinched off with ball valves to keep it from stirring the sand too much. Plus if you buy the hybrid you can kick it up another notch with the dart impeller but keep the wattage the same.. I was the guy who picked up a gbta from you maybe about a year ago.. I drove from Sarnia, Thanks for the anemone again.. its doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.