New 30g Setup

Zach

My thanks to Craig Shipley for the great deal on my new 30g setup.

5ca5ab20737f3131d186f824270750df.jpg

Just got things up and running and corals are already opening up and looking happy. Obviously a well looked after tank.

Will be a good "growing out " tank to get corals ready for my 135 build soon to come :)

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Looks great bud congrats... ya jumped back in with two feet.... good for you:)

Zach

Well...that tank didn't last long. Had it for 5 days before it sprung one hell of a leak.

After putting everything in buckets and rushing to my lfs a last minute 55 was purchased.

Luckily I had live rock curing getting ready for my 135 build but...I did loose some livestock

So far the casualties include 2 firefish that jumped out of the pails, 1 frag that got lost in all the movement, 1 sps frag that appears to be bleaching, and 1 rock shrimp who is MIA.

Blessing and a curse because at least now I have more room to play. I'm slowly filling the tank to try to reduce the shock on the system and will be posting updates once complete

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Well...that tank didn't last long. Had it for 5 days before it sprung one hell of a leak.

After putting everything in buckets and rushing to my lfs a last minute 55 was purchased.

Luckily I had live rock curing getting ready for my 135 build but...I did loose some livestock

So far the casualties include 2 firefish that jumped out of the pails, 1 frag that got lost in all the movement, 1 sps frag that appears to be bleaching, and 1 rock shrimp who is MIA.

Blessing and a curse because at least now I have more room to play. I'm slowly filling the tank to try to reduce the shock on the system and will be posting updates once complete

Sorry to hear about the losses... but you will pop back better then ever

Zach

Well. It's taken a little bit but I finally have the 55g rescue tank looking more like an intentional tank. I did loose a lot of livestock but most of my favourite pieces made it.

New lights are on the way so hopefully they encourage the corals to open up more. I'm still not getting very good extention from much of anything.

3d33b790620b54790850786732e7f5c4.jpg
6f16747dea7a7799f534b2537537658c.jpg

Zach

My winning streak continues.

Setting up a 125 and now the corner over flows are leaking.

Thoughts? Should I try and get the tank re-sealed? Good indicator of the age of the caulking? Bought the tank used so I'm a little worried now.

Anyone know a way to fix it without draining it?