New 75g sump online....

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

copperkills

Thanks to Phi for his time and suggestions...we finally got my new 75g sump online today....we had to cut a few studs in the wall to fit the sump under my DT (which I blame on Phi!) but all in all it was a smooth transition.  The sump has all new rigid PVC plumbing!! was quite an upgrade from the previous clear tubing that was a rats nest almost as bad as my electrical! (thats next Vince!)  All I can say is thank God we switched out sumps, my old 65g was a sess pool of disgusting sludge! Im surprised my water quality wasnt effected...Vince did get a mouthful of it when we carried it up the stairs! I forgot to ask how it tasted lol!

pics to follow......

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
probably not the worse thing Vince has had in his mouth.... :eek:

sounds like an improvement.....did you change your lighting on the display as well?  I know you were thinking about it.

P

phi delt reefer

bastard owes me atleast a case of beer for whatever 'crap' got into my mouth! Ty's old sump was big but the baffles only utilized 1/3 of the sump's water volume and it was it was tall/difficult tank to work in. He wasnt kidding about having to remove a stud in the wall to get the sump in. We had to actually remove a wall stud and a tank leg support stud that held up the back of the tank. Some quick thinking on CK's part and we were in business. He offered to let me cut the studs but I didnt want to rob him of the misery of the tank possibly coming down and exploding all over his basement  ;D

here was the design copperkills and I came up with;

supersumptyrone.jpg

The measurments are all wrong but they were just a rough sketch.

the goal was to add more water volume to system as he transitions to a more SPS heavy reef from a softies/lps dominant reef.

The sump holds about 60+ gallons while running and has a big fuge section for fragging and possible RDSB setup in the future. 

Status
Not open for further replies.