New Aquastyle Solarlux led controller kit/build

MrHermit85

dale link said:
ok thanks,,.,,,  ..,,. ,, very nice build.. mine will not be as nice,,, but i will post pics anyway....

Thanks, in all honesty I think I spent too much time on it lol. Simple will get the job done too.
dale link said:
hi,., im thinking about ordering some things from aquastyle... how do you (we) pay the tax and duty and what not...is it included in the shipping? .,., ive never ordered from out of the country before...

It's the same as any other online shopping, it only takes longer and depending on the value of the order you may have to pay duties. My order was $269 and I didn't pay any duties or anything on it. It took 7 days from the day of shipment.

Enjoy the build!

MrHermit85

dale link said:
ok thanks,,.,,,  ..,,. ,, very nice build.. mine will not be as nice,,, but i will post pics anyway....

Thanks, in all honesty I think I spent too much time on it lol. Simple will get the job done too.
dale link said:
hi,., im thinking about ordering some things from aquastyle... how do you (we) pay the tax and duty and what not...is it included in the shipping? .,., ive never ordered from out of the country before...

It's the same as any other online shopping, it only takes longer and depending on the value of the order you may have to pay duties. My order was $269 and I didn't pay any duties or anything on it. It took 7 days from the day of shipment.

Enjoy the build!

MrHermit85

waldo link said:
Nice build Mr H.
I have been thinking of switching from my T5's?
Moon's lights look great!!

I really like the moonlights, there is a nice shimmer when using them too. I was originally going to go with t5ho but decided against them. I can't vouch for coral growth under the leds personally as I am still busy cycling the tank but I have heard a lot of good feedback from other users though. One thing I will say though is that the great thing about t5's is that you can change your colour easily where as leds you would either have to add more or swap out (you would have to swap out a substantial amount to make a difference). I am happy with my combo luckily.

MrHermit85

waldo link said:
Nice build Mr H.

I really like the moonlights, there is a nice shimmer when using them too. I was originally going to go with t5ho but decided against them. I can't vouch for coral growth under the leds personally as I am still busy cycling the tank but I have heard a lot of good feedback from other users though. One thing I will say though is that the great thing about t5's is that you can change your colour easily where as leds you would either have to add more or swap out (you would have to swap out a substantial amount to make a difference). I am happy with my combo luckily.

Boga

No glue needed, they just fit over the little diodes quite snugly. I have heard that it is suggested that you use the heatsink plaster to attach the lenses. I am not sure about jb weld on though as don't those product fuse the plastics together as apposed to gluing them together? I wonder what affect that would have on the leds? Maybe someone can chime in who has glued theirs on???

Thanks for the input. My lenses are lose on LED's. All from Rapid Led. So I must glue them.

Boga

No glue needed, they just fit over the little diodes quite snugly. I have heard that it is suggested that you use the heatsink plaster to attach the lenses. I am not sure about jb weld on though as don't those product fuse the plastics together as apposed to gluing them together? I wonder what affect that would have on the leds? Maybe someone can chime in who has glued theirs on???

Thanks for the input. My lenses are lose on LED's. All from Rapid Led. So I must glue them.

Jewel

Just checked out your build, I envy you guys that built your own fixture. Great job. At present I am very happy with my T-5 Fixture, for the size of my tank it works well and it's very appealing to the eye because of the Rimless tank.

MrHermit85

Jewel link said:
Just checked out your build, I envy you guys that built your own fixture. Great job. At present I am very happy with my T-5 Fixture, for the size of my tank it works well and it's very appealing to the eye because of the Rimless tank.

Thanks! Next up I want to build two fixtures with 100w leds from ledgroupbuy!!! Fully controllable and less mess!!! Thinking of puttin together an arduino controller too to control everything in my tank! Can't wait. But I have to live with my current setup till I am ready to upgrade. Lots I time to research and plan!

DerekL

MrHermit85 link said:
[quote author=waldo link=topic=5246.msg53968#msg53968 date=1371640743]
Nice build Mr H.

[/quote]

Glen I think he can vouch for LEDs an sps growth and so far I am having awesome growth with just LEDs. I love the shimmer you get like halides but way less heat and the ability to program them to do sunrise to sunset is great. I didn't go DIY for my display tank but I may give it a go for my frag tank.

M

MiloBenedict

MrHermit85 link said:
Hello all,

Yes this is another Led build thread woohoo!!!

So I recently embarked on my crazy journey to build a Solarlux led controller kit from Aquastyle online. I put together 2 fixtures with 28 leds on each. I decided not to go too crazy as considering this is my first fishtank of any kind I am going to stick with an all softy tank with maybe some of the easier low light sps/lps at a later date...

Overall I have to say that the experience, allthough long winded, has been quite enjoyable and the end result was satisfactory!!! My experience with AquastyleOnline has been awesome as old Ray answered all of my questions and even advised me on a few aspects such as colour combos.

I decided to record this build as there does not seem to be much out there in way of reviews for their new controllers and I also refined my build a little compared to the norm. I am sorry to say though that I am still in the process of building my tank and will only be able to account for coral growth after my tank has cycled in June. I thought that this wouldn't really matter as there is loads of stuff on the forums showing the capabilities of Bridgelux leds so I dont feel that I need to ramble on about any of that. My main focus is the controller. I am also not going to include soldering and led mounting as that has also become quite a mundane topic on the forums!!!  :poop:

SO this is what they supply in the kit:

•56 x Bridgelux LEDs (optional)
•56 x Optical lenses
•1 x peimar solar
•8 x Driving boards ( channel 1(x2), 2(x2), 3(x2) and 4(x2) )
•1 x Ethernet cable 568B
•1 x DC5V adaptor
•1 x DC24V Power supply MeanWell 350Watt
•3 x LED adhesive plaster
•1 x power cord
•2 meter wire
IMG_2088_zps4bbaed80.jpg

I added a few things like a couple pieces of acrylic, a few cans of Krylon Infusion(bonds to plastic), solder, grommets and some extra wire.

IMG_2092_zps031690cb.jpg

I then bought the heatsinks, moonlights and extra wire from Rapidled. I went with the 6\"X20\" black with slotted sides and splashguards.

IMG_2090_zps2a89ebbb.jpg

I also used general tools that I already had such as a drill, dremmel and soldering iron.

Thanks for sharing entire build in detailed manner.. I would love to execute similar build and share my own experience very soon.