New Aquastyle Solarlux led controller kit/build

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
MrHermit85 link said:
That's a comforting thought. I will give more demanding corals a try one day but want to master the easy stuff first. I have to say though that after fragfest today I am really liking the idea of loads of zoa\"s and ricordiA!!! I was so sad not to be able to take anything home lol... Hopefully it will be back next year!

[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=5246.msg52348#msg52348 date=1370146525]
[quote author=MrHermit85 link=topic=5246.msg52347#msg52347 date=1370146189]
The Crees are way nicer though!!! A bit pricey but way brighter I hear l. I may add two t5ho if I am going to do SPS in the future though but I  am sure I will be good for softies and some moderate light corals.

you should really come by and see my 100% CREE setup for sps.  Even Darryl was amazed at the colour I get.  No t5 needed :)
[/quote]

Perhaps when I am up and running and your selling some frags I can come take a look?
[/quote]
Definitely.  Even my frag tank is 100% led now.  Everything I had in my tank was LED grown and I sold 95% of what I brought, so something must be right! :)

MrHermit85

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=MrHermit85 link=topic=5246.msg52351#msg52351 date=1370147149]
That's a comforting thought. I will give more demanding corals a try one day but want to master the easy stuff first. I have to say though that after fragfest today I am really liking the idea of loads of zoa\"s and ricordiA!!! I was so sad not to be able to take anything home lol... Hopefully it will be back next year!

[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=5246.msg52348#msg52348 date=1370146525]
[quote author=MrHermit85 link=topic=5246.msg52347#msg52347 date=1370146189]
The Crees are way nicer though!!! A bit pricey but way brighter I hear l. I may add two t5ho if I am going to do SPS in the future though but I  am sure I will be good for softies and some moderate light corals.

you should really come by and see my 100% CREE setup for sps.  Even Darryl was amazed at the colour I get.  No t5 needed :)
[/quote]

Perhaps when I am up and running and your selling some frags I can come take a look?
[/quote]
Definitely.  Even my frag tank is 100% led now.  Everything I had in my tank was LED grown and I sold 95% of what I brought, so something must be right! :)
[/quote]

Thats a good ratio!!! I am really stoked that I went with leds now!!!

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=5246.msg52352#msg52352 date=1370147349]
I sold 95% of what I brought, so something must be right! :)

You only brought 10 frags... doesnt count  8)  ;D
[/quote]

LOL

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=5246.msg52352#msg52352 date=1370147349]
I sold 95% of what I brought, so something must be right! :)

You only brought 10 frags... doesnt count  8)  ;D
[/quote]

Don't think I didn't see you guys watching my awesome sales tactics all day!

MrHermit85

scarlabo link said:
Good job on everything. Also working on a LED DIY. What did you use to glue lenses to LED's? I have J-B weld on hand.

Thanks! No glue needed, they just fit over the little diodes quite snugly. I have heard that it is suggested that you use the heatsink plaster to attach the lenses. I am not sure about jb weld on though as don't those product fuse the plastics together as apposed to gluing them together? I wonder what affect that would have on the leds? Maybe someone can chime in who has glued theirs on???

MrHermit85

scarlabo link said:
Good job on everything. Also working on a LED DIY. What did you use to glue lenses to LED's? I have J-B weld on hand.

Thanks! No glue needed, they just fit over the little diodes quite snugly. I have heard that it is suggested that you use the heatsink plaster to attach the lenses. I am not sure about jb weld on though as don't those product fuse the plastics together as apposed to gluing them together? I wonder what affect that would have on the leds? Maybe someone can chime in who has glued theirs on???

MrHermit85

scarlabo link said:

dale

hi,., im thinking about ordering some things from aquastyle... how do you (we) pay the tax and duty and what not...is it included in the shipping? .,., ive never ordered from out of the country before...

dale

hi,., im thinking about ordering some things from aquastyle... how do you (we) pay the tax and duty and what not...is it included in the shipping? .,., ive never ordered from out of the country before...

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
dale link said:
go to the aquastyle website and order and pay it will arrive at yur front door

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
dale link said:
go to the aquastyle website and order and pay it will arrive at yur front door