New around here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
whoa....that was weird.  I just finished the thread and I see my name.

How is it going Chris.  Tanks look good.  If I recall you have your own maintenance company and a degree in marine biology right?

Man...if this site starts stealing the GTA traffic Rick and the gang might have to think about dropping the southwest part in the banner.

Glad to see you here.....

P

phi delt reefer

darryl is our sps dealer.  pretty sure he bought his new house with frag money  ;D

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
phi delt reefer link said:
darryl is our sps dealer.  pretty sure he bought his new house with frag money  ;D
Im sure I havent come close to selling enough to cover a fraction of what I have spent on this hobby over the years from equipment to corals.  It is nice to keep a large some of frag cash handy in the truck to buy more stuff though....much less traceable by the significant other too! :)

L

Liquid

Darryl_V link said:
whoa....that was weird.  I just finished the thread and I see my name.

How is it going Chris.  Tanks look good.  If I recall you have your own maintenance company and a degree in marine biology right?

Man...if this site starts stealing the GTA traffic Rick and the gang might have to think about dropping the southwest part in the banner.

Glad to see you here.....

Haha yeah I saw your name as viewing this category ;)

And yes, that's me, aquarium maintenance.  Ty for the compliment on my tanks.  The sps tank has gone crazy since the new year with growth.

I think they should drop the southwest, and approach all the Toronto stores as sponsors.  Everyone is fed up with aj.

Hey Darryl, you have any of that echinata to frag yet?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I had a wild aussie echinata (very rare to find true echinata from anywhere else) at one point.....but it went up in smoke.  Along with my strawberry shortcake.  Wild corals can be worth it sometimes but boy are they tempermental.  I have bought 4 wild ones from Aussie and all of them have had some RTN issues at some point.  If you can find someone with a true aussie echinata that has been in captivity for a while and is growing....getting a frag from him/her is the way to go.

I noticed that you asked about echinata on thecoralreefshop thread.....they are just now starting to culture some true echinata from INDO but its not the blue tip variety (aussie only it seems)....its a green variety and generally cost more than your typical mari-cultured sps.

L

Liquid

Gotcha.  Yeah you had an ech. at the time I got my frags from you last year or the year before or whenever it was.

I did indeed inquire about an echinata earlier; its one of the last corals on my 'must have' list.  I'm upgrading to a 50(ish) breeder in May, so I will have room.

This is what I really want:  http://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/09/maricultured-bali-acropora/  ... first photo.

These speciosa's from bali are also amazing:  http://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/07/acropora-speciosa-bali/

Status
Not open for further replies.