New Build

Copperkills

Starting a new build with Ian @ SustainableMarine, display will be a rimless 65g 48x18x18 with an Eshopps Eclipse M overflow and likely an Eshopps r-100 sump. We looked at several option through Miracles, IM and Waterbox but found this route to be the most cost effective for me. Still debating sandbed at this point. This will be my sticks tank lol never thought I’d try SPS but here we go.

Last edited:

Copperkills

AB43B26E-6B4D-46E9-B4A1-F6995687771C.jpeg
Here is a pic of my rock work, using eco friendly Real Reef Rock product; just need to cement it together! It currently sits at Sustainable Marine lol “Do not touch it” should you happen to visit!

Josh

I saw his last tank and the aquascape looked amazing, can only imagine how this will look when finished. Excited to see none the less

Copperkills

I have had to keep people back lol the natural reaction is to want to touch it lol

May have to hire a security guard ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t take my own advice, had it cemented and just had to touch it!!! Well didn’t a joint crack fml

Nelson79

Rest in Peace 08/06/2019
Always knew you would go to the dark side (sps) since I met you at salty crackers place? You know all those special names lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copperkills

AFCD224E-FEBE-44BE-890B-DE08CCBD2FC7.jpeg

Here is the centrepiece in a 38x18x18 for size reference.
51872AFC-A13F-4308-8AFF-16612567367D.jpeg

And here is the centrepiece cleaned up. Needed lots of cement in the centre to support the weight of the “wings”.

I will have roughly 7” of clearance from waterline to rock work.

The 48x18x18” rimless is on order!

Last edited:

Copperkills

Ok SPS keepers....I’m torn between the tried and tested T5 fixtures and the new gen LED. All those I know that have flourishing SPS dominant tanks still run T5, ATI to be exact. I run an AI Vega on my LPS tank with some low light SPS and have experienced slow growth. I’m open to suggestions for lighting this shallow 62g SPS system.... the sticks will be confined to the 28” wide rock work so I won’t need to light the whole tank.....