new iOS7 update

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
theyangman link said:
BBM for android hasn't released yet... :(

Due out today around 4:30 I read. All the ones in the Google play store are fakes and betas. The official app will be released from Blackberry Limited. Not Blackberry Inc. Hence why there are like 20 copies already in the play store of people trying to trick you into downloading their app.

Works fine here on android.. Talking to Peter car right now. Word is it will be released offixially by RIM and not blackberry Inc... Also

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6315.msg61391#msg61391 date=1379768297]

Due out today around 4:30 I read. All the ones in the Google play store are fakes and betas. The official app will be released from Blackberry Limited. Not Blackberry Inc. Hence why there are like 20 copies already in the play store of people trying to trick you into downloading their app.

Works fine here on android.. Talking to Peter car right now. Word is it will be released offixially by RIM and not blackberry Inc... Also
[/quote]

They no longer use the name RIM. They officially changed it to Blackberry Ltd a few months ago. And I am sure the other copies in the playstore work, but after reading the reviews of some of them forcing you to rate the app prior to use and such is kind of horse shit. Also it is a blatant attempt to get their ratings up and get more downloads from the GP store.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
theyangman link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=6315.msg61400#msg61400 date=1379770505]
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6315.msg61391#msg61391 date=1379768297]

[/quote]

They no longer use the name RIM. They officially changed it to Blackberry Ltd a few months ago. And I am sure the other copies in the playstore work, but after reading the reviews of some of them forcing you to rate the app prior to use and such is kind of horse shit. Also it is a blatant attempt to get their ratings up and get more downloads from the GP store.
[/quote]

I doubt those fake versions in the store work, they are adware.. If someone could have wrote an app that could connect to bbm servers.. We would have been using bbm years ago, I'm running the official bbm from Blackberry, pm if u want a link for the download.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Petercar link said:
I dunno what the deal is about bbm for android and iphone.    BBM userls can bbm other users free around the world. But how is it gonna work with bbm to android or iphone

Same as always, bbm is free

But in fine print, standard data charges apply

theyangman

Distinguished Member
The versions work. They are just yhe betas and leaked versions that were out last week that were availaboe and only have gone live today. I'll wait for the official bb release in the app store. Im sure there are links on xda right now but quite frankly I am not that excited to return to bbm

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
theyangman link said:
The versions work. They are just yhe betas and leaked versions that were out last week that were availaboe and only have gone live today. I'll wait for the official bb release in the app store. Im sure there are links on xda right now but quite frankly I am not that excited to return to bbm

I was..  But now that I have it.. I remembered that everyone I used to have on bbm has long since left blackberry.. Except for Peter car.. Lol

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Duke link said:
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6315.msg61415#msg61415 date=1379774482]

I was..  But now that I have it.. I remembered that everyone I used to have on bbm has long since left blackberry.. Except for Peter car.. Lol
[/quote]i so loyal to blackberry and they are so easy to text and yu know what else .....i went to that old torch that had the virual keypad but its sitting in a box sumhwere cuz its not as easy to text and dr....

AdamS

I think I have more friends that still use ICQ than BBM... Pretty soon you will be able to put your Blackberry in a box with your Palm Pilot!

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I put the new IOS on my ipad2 and I don't mind it......
How do I close apps now tho? I used to double click the home button and then hold down on an open app with my finger until the "-" appeared on all open apps and then you could just click the "-" to close each app....doesn't seem to be like that anymore....

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
They probably copied android.. Try swiping the app away

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Torx link said:
I think you swipe up from the bottom from what I have read while people were complaining on facebook

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4

Double tap the home button. It will bring up all open apps. Then you swipe up to close them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

theyangman

Distinguished Member
1238906_10151687111176840_709115830_n.jpg

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Torx link said:
May look like android,  but will never have the freedom of android. Can Ios7 even run java yet?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4

android is the bomb, once you really use a higher end phone running android it becomes a no brainer. the ease of use, freedom to use and do what you want, the app selection, the frequency of updates and new features.. its just great.