New Jebao Power Head Rw4

monizb

Super Active Member
Got home today and had my new power head in the mail rw4 this little sucker moves water perfect for my cube :)
ere8u7y5.jpg
6e9utygy.jpg

jroovers

Super Active Member
Just reviving this thread, anyone running two RW4s together in a smaller sized tank?

Bece13

How do you like them? Enough flow, too much, too little?

I really like them. Quiet, and flow is excellent. They have 8 steps for adjusting the flow, they talk to each other wireless (master slave configuration), you can adjust the length of the wave they produce, have random mode, night mode, feed mode, controllable (not tried yet - need a cable to connect it to my ReefAngel controller).
And the best part they are cheap. :)
I'm running them on the 6 step for flow and is more then enough (tank is 60" long x 24 wide x 19" high with 4-5" DSB with lots of rock inside). Got them about 3-4 weeks ago and still playing with them. For a week I had 1 of them and a MP20, and RW8 had way more flow then the MP20. You can point the flow to any direction you want, not like the MP20 where the direction is just perpendicular to the glass that is attached to. Now I'm running both of them and I'm really happy. The only thing is that the cable is inside the tank (like most powerheads), not like the MP20 where is outside.
Only question remaining for me is how reliable they are, but from what I've read it looks that there are no future issues.

Monizb: How do you like them?

jroovers

Super Active Member
Thanks that is a great response. For a tank that is 36" by 24" by 12", what would you think is better, two RW4s or one RW8 (or one of the WPs)? I was thinking both RW4s could go on the same end of the tank and push back towards the overflow, given the tank is a 36" long peninsula. The RW4s I'm guessing will have a nice small footprint, and with both on the same side split fairly wide apart will provide fantastic wall to wall high flow coverage for SPS. One RW8 will have a larger footprint and have more limited flow to the middle of the tank if placed centrally on the end of the peninsula, although I've read these RW powerheads have pretty good spread individually.

Bece13

I have no experience with the WPs.
Hmmm... If you get one RW8 you will run it on lower speeds (min flow is 317GPH I think). Yes they do have wide spread.
But I think your idea with 2 RW4s is better. But, being a peninsula (I guess 3 sides visible), I would try to put them on the overflow box side and try to create an alternating vertical gyre flow. Like RW4 OB right -> opposite side -> OB left and then RW4 OB left -> opposite side -> OB right. That could also change to other kinds of flow randomly from time to time. Not sure if you followed me. This is what I will try to do on my future 200gal tank peninsula.

jroovers

Super Active Member
But I think your idea with 2 RW4s is better. But, being a peninsula (I guess 3 sides visible), I would try to put them on the overflow box side and try to create an alternating vertical gyre flow. Like RW4 OB right -> opposite side -> OB left and then RW4 OB left -> opposite side -> OB right. That could also change to other kinds of flow randomly from time to time. Not sure if you followed me. This is what I will try to do on my future 200gal tank peninsula.

Yes, I do follow you. The return is split on the overflow side, so a bit cluttered over there already potentially. Still possibly more than enough room to do it though. If it can be done, it will look better, you are right. I am going to give it more thought. Thanks for the advice :)