New Light

monizb

Super Active Member
Well I added the 50w nicrew hyper reef led yesterday great little light for what I’ll need it for time will tell when I add some corals to the setup :)
741c95cb2097f26070d730e23adb23e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thehvacman

Par is definitely not as listed online. They way understate the par on these. I bought a couple of 100w ones to add some more light to ends of my tank, as my radions weren't giving me quite enough coverage. I run the radions at 85 % on the ab plus program and I had to turn the nicrew lights down a lot to get them to blend into my light spread. I also run one one a refugium, and they give great colour for the price. Would be very interested to see some real par readings on these lights.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Par is definitely not as listed online. They way understate the par on these. I bought a couple of 100w ones to add some more light to ends of my tank, as my radions weren't giving me quite enough coverage. I run the radions at 85 % on the ab plus program and I had to turn the nicrew lights down a lot to get them to blend into my light spread. I also run one one a refugium, and they give great colour for the price. Would be very interested to see some real par readings on these lights.
Yes I would be interested as well. Color and brightness does not equal PAR.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

thehvacman

Yes this is true...but the radions are producing more than 120 par for sure ( just going by brstv test results) and these have to be turn down a lot to match the radions at 85% would love to get my hands on a par meter, if anyone in the Hamilton area has one to lend out I would be grateful.