New marine fish stock

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
Just throwing this out there for other reefers in the area; I was in the store last week at Big Al's London and was told that they're trying out a new marine fish livestock supplier. The variety that was there at the time was a marked uptick and included anthias, gobies, chromis, tangs, butterflys and wrasses (sixline, exquisite and McCosker).

Just putting it out there as an option worth investigating, there's a couple species that I am interested in that I was originally going to need to mail order from Toronto/Mississauga and this is a nice alternative.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Would be great for London to get another salt water supplier. I think they only have Sustainable Marine Canada right now. Would be nice to see @Big_Als_London was rocking it out again.
I hear ya , 5-6ish years ago we had 3 now we really have 1 (kitchener big als) just be so hard to start a business now for saltwater hobby unfortunately

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
I think they only have Sustainable Marine Canada right now.
Correct. Not that I'm dismissing the livestock, dry goods or service at Sustainable Marine whatsoever, every time I've come by they have a sizeable selection of coral and CUC, as well as stocking tonnes of dosing material and foods, but with London having a population of +400k and given that the next nearest saltwater fish stores (that I've been to) are Big Al's Kitchener (awesome coral and invert selection, some good fish shipments, I love visiting this store), Tropical Fish Room Brantford, or Living Aquarium Cambridge, it's nice to have another store stocking marine critters "close to home" and I hope they have a successful run of it.

*edited in hyperlinks to each of the stores

Last edited:

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I think it’s great Big Al's ordered some marine livestock! Hopefully this ignites more hobbyists in the area to consider a salt water system. Big Als customer base in London is primarily freshwater, and it is usually freshwater hobbies that expand to salt water as the next step. More salties in London will stimulate more incentive for the LFS community to carry more livestock.