New member dropping in to say hi.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Hi guys and gals. I am relatively new to this whole reef keeping idea, had FOWLR tank about 20yrs ago, 33gal with hob aqua clear and under gravel system, but hey that's what it was back then. So have just recently converted my cichlid tank over to SW and got the bug big time at London fragfest. Since London frag I have substantially gown in my tank setup. Currently running a 90gal bow front corner tank as my DT, I've got it dropping into a 90gal sump setup in the basement, that has a small maybe 10 gal refugium on the side of it. The return pump system now goes thru carbon filter and gfo and dumps into another 55gal refugium that currently houses only LR.

New to me is this whole fragging concept, I love it but haven't started to frag yet, just in the collection stage still. I plan on continuing to read and research more and watch stuff grow. Thanks guys.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
New member dropping in to say hi.

A few crappy cell pics.
vezutuza.jpg

Tank as it was a cichlid home
aby2uman.jpg

Tank as it sits now, still need more growth
eja7a3yt.jpg

Sump before recent upgrades. Haven't got any recent sump pics. But now has a 55gal off to the left and a vertex reactor in with the skimmer and has been hard plumbed for most of the hoses now. Still a work in progress.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Sewerat link said:
Bought it from a couple in brantford about 4-5 yrs ago

ah ok, nope not mine then, but i miss having my tank which was identical, really cool tank design !

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Few more pics from tonight.
ugyreped.jpg

Sump as it sits now
enuha8e5.jpg

New temp home for Jeff's zebra for a little while
zydeja9e.jpg

Best I could do to show the whole basement setup right now. Still more clean up to be done with this yet, wires to run differently, and a bit more pluming, still need to get my uv unit in the system yet.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
ive got a massive leather finger that would look good in your tank :)
its roughly 18'' x 16'' or so and maybe 15'' high

vdubz

you may want to isolate your gsp frag to a single rock on your sandbed, imo.  that stuff can take over. unless that is the look you are going for...