New Tank Cycle-day 16

Louie

So I'm into the 3rd week of cycling my new nano tank. Continued ghost feeding. Added Purigen and Chemi Pure elite 2 days ago. Ammonia-0ppm, Nitrite-0ppm, Nitrate-80ppm, Salinity-1.026. Still a lot of diatoms/brown algae growth. Concerned about the high Nitrate, did a 10% water change, will test again tomorrow.

Should I continue to do daily water changes to reduce the Nitrate or let it run its course?

Attachments

• Day16 copy.jpg
    Day16 copy.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 100

Winks

Website Affiliate
To me, it looks about right for 3 weeks of the cycle. I would test and see what happens in the next few days. I know the nitrate looks high but will come down. Adding the Purigen and Chemi Pure definitely will help bring it down. I'm not sure if you should be ghost feeding anymore. If your ammonia has gone to 0ppm then I believe that the cycle is nearer completion. I think if you stopped the ghost feeding, the Nitrates will start coming down. I could be wrong but that's what I'm lead to believe.

You are getting closer! Patients WILL pay off. I know it's hard but very gratifying when you see the end results. ( only about 3 to 4 weeks left for cycle time)

Louie

To me, it looks about right for 3 weeks of the cycle. I would test and see what happens in the next few days. I know the nitrate looks high but will come down. Adding the Purigen and Chemi Pure definitely will help bring it down. I'm not sure if you should be ghost feeding anymore. If your ammonia has gone to 0ppm then I believe that the cycle is nearer completion. I think if you stopped the ghost feeding, the Nitrates will start coming down. I could be wrong but that's what I'm lead to believe.

You are getting closer! Patients WILL pay off. I know it's hard but very gratifying when you see the end results. ( only about 3 to 4 weeks left for cycle time)

Thanks for the info. I'm still ghost feeding because I want to make sure the beneficial bacteria will continue to grow and be strong enough for when I do start to add fish. If I'm wrong with this thought process can you, or someone please correct me