New to Saltwater!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

becca_vienna

Hey everyone!

Hav been planning a saltwater aquarium for 6 months... finally got it set up and cycled!
Excited to hear from everyone,

Becca

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Hey becca, glad you finally found the site :)  Hope it is as useful to you as it is to many of us.

And yes please post some pics!

B

becca_vienna

I will get some up A.S.A.P.! My laptop cord got chewed by our mastiff puppy.. So as soon as I get it fixed we will be in business!

There isn't much in there yet, just a lot of hitch hikers, a decorator crab and a coco worm!

B

becca_vienna

1st, full tank (pretty empty... it seems ;))
2nd, happy coco worm
3rd, green star polyp
4th, decorator crab (If you can find him)

Trying to get a video or some kind of pic of this tube with antennas on my LR... can't google-vet what it is exactly!

That awesome LR came with a dozen stomatellas, some little fan worms that I thought were cute until I realized that they are already EVERYWHERE, bristleworms and a bunch of unidentified worms that look like spider webs all over the rock!
As well as a cute little clam, who surprisingly survived the trip home on the rock AND the tanks little cycle.

They don't seem to be doing any harm... yet!

B

becca_vienna

Thank you!

I paid dearly for it haha..

Got the mystery antennas to take a good pic!

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Looking good Becca!

That decorator crab is certainly well camoflaged.  He looks great.  Not sure what your mystery antennae are yet but maybe whatever they are attached to will pop out more one day.

msteane

Looks good! I love branching live rock.  You 'spider web' worms are likely spaghetti worms.  I'm pretty sure the antenna worm is actually a vermatid snail or a spionid worm.  I don't think either are harmful at all.

Taking a closer look at your picture I'm leaning towards spionid worm as I'm pretty sure vermatid snail tubes curl in a spiral.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Petercar link said:
Do not touch or let the brisleworm touch yu be careful picking up a frag or rock..they sting yu like a cactus

+1.... and if it feels like hell fire then you probally touched a fire worm

B

becca_vienna

Thanks everyone:)!

I will stay away from those creepy worms... they are red with white whisker looking projections on either side running the entire lenth of the worm.

I am a little concerned about how fast the little tube worms are multiplying! they are EVERYWHERE but I suppose as long as they aren't growing on my coral it should be fine!
A couple have already started on my coco worm's tube  :-\

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Brandon link said:
I'm not sure if there is a fish or invert that  eats them, maybe someone else can comment on that

wrasse

AdamS

I watched rick inadvertantly grab hold of a bristlworm about the size of a ruler. That was about 2 minutes after he told me about how much it sucks to touch them, but was a great demonstration none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.