New to Saltwater!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
[quote author=Brandon link=topic=3922.msg35239#msg35239 date=1357591922]
I'm not sure if there is a fish or invert that  eats them, maybe someone else can comment on that

wrasse
[/quote]

wrasse eat feather dusters? or feather worms?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Brandon link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=3922.msg35462#msg35462 date=1357752395]
[quote author=Brandon link=topic=3922.msg35239#msg35239 date=1357591922]
I'm not sure if there is a fish or invert that  eats them, maybe someone else can comment on that

wrasse
[/quote]

wrasse eat feather dusters? or feather worms?
[/quote]

oh sorry, i thought you were refering to bristle worms etc etc.

butterfly fish eat feather dusters.

B

becca_vienna

Awesome, as long as they wouldn't eat my coco worm!

Haven't had a run-in with the bristleworm yet.. but the spaghetti worms have been doing a MARVELOUS job of keeping the bottom clean!! Stomatellas keep my rock clean, couldn't ask for an easier tank (KNOCK ON WOOD) hahaha!

spyd

Super Active Member
I would stay away from a Copperband Butterfly for quite some time until you have some more experience in the hobby. They will eat feather dusters and some eat aiptasia as well, however, they are VERY finicky fish. If you do decide to go that route, I would order one from Incredible Aquarium because Bill gets them eating mysis shrimp before you purchase it. A solid deal as most just wither away and die. They need to be added before any real aggressive fish as well as they stress out very easily.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I'd love something to eat my featherdusters, tank is getting over run with them  :?

spyd link said:
I would stay away from a Copperband Butterfly for quite some time until you have some more experience in the hobby. They will eat feather dusters and some eat aiptasia as well, however, they are VERY finicky fish. If you do decide to go that route, I would order one from Incredible Aquarium because Bill gets them eating mysis shrimp before you purchase it. A solid deal as most just wither away and die. They need to be added before any real aggressive fish as well as they stress out very easily.

B

becca_vienna

I ended up just buying aiptasia X... seems to have worked ;)

I found the other aiptasia that I had relocated by moving a rock floating in the front of the tank trying to find a spot with more light...

Scooped him out with the net and down the drain he went!
It's been weeks and no sign of the aiptasia :)

Insane amount of hair algae... The algae blenny LOVES it! He does an amazing job!

Status
Not open for further replies.