No more skim, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giglio324

So I got my new calcium reactor going last Sunday and since then my skimmer has stopped pulling skim mate. Bubble are at the lower part of the collection cup where they would rise up and overflow but they are rising up the column. Up till now the skimmer was working good pulling ugly stuff. It scares me to think it isn't because that stuff is staying in the system. If it doesn't start to get going by tonight I'm gonna do a 20% WC tomorrow. Help me out thanks

Giglio324

Found out my issue. There was salt creep at the air intake of my pump. Pulled it out put a drill through it to clean it out nice. Running like a top again  ;D

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
This is very common IMO.....I clean out my air intake every week. Usually the debris just gets trapped in my valve at the top. I have posted this before a couple times on the forum......I think It was a thread where someone asked if a collection cup scraper is worth the money.....I said no and stated how I find it more beneficial to make sure that your airline is clean as well as maybe clean the mixing pump every few months.....my two cents! Glad you found the issue......:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I clean my valve (airline) tube out every time I empty my skimmate. I also clean the skimmate overflow container each time as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

paoul

Whenever I clean my collection cup I fill a glass with fresh ro water and stick the airline in it it sucks up the water flushing the line it seems to work good.

Status
Not open for further replies.