Northern Lights

Mitchellb

Not fish related but I thought Id show the lights from the other night. I was parked on some dirt road just north of Mount Forrest. Keep in mind these are camera recordings and not what you see. You see white lights dancing across the sky with green if they are strong enough. These are all about a 20 second exposure. With the lens open that long it can gather tons more information than our eyes can see. Seeing they white dance across the sky during a sub storm is still very cool.

DSC_6078.jpg
DSC_6118.jpg
DSC_6148.jpg

Mitchellb

Ya I was up in mount forest. They started really showing around 10 for about 5 ? 10? Min then they went back to a green halo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Makes me miss living in Cold Lake Alberta (lives up to its name! But the CF18's make up for it) We were spoiled. If you didn't seen the lights once a week, it was a strange thing. Blues, Greens, and sometimes reds.

Great shots. One day I am going to learn how to use my camera better!

curiousphil

Super Active Member
For those who don't know.... we've been getting some down this way lately. I keep missing them sadly. But we are at the peak of the current solar cycle and getting some crazy solar storms.

Keep your eyes peeled!! There was a big storm last week that supposedly caused northern lights to be seen all the way down in Kansas and Virginia!! Check out your local "forecast" here:
services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/aurora-forecast-northern-hemisphere.png
aurora-forecast-northern-hemisphere.png