Nvidia Shield Tv Pro - Review Thoughts?

Marz

I have the shield tv - not pro as I have a NAS for all my media. What exactly did you want to use it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Well was thinking for an android tv. Currently using Ruku but tired of the limitations. I have not had cable for three years.

Also I still like to play games and when the gaming shield was out I thought about getting one but then it was too late they only had the tv.

I was hoping it's a two in one tv and gaming/ pc. Would like to use the tv as a tablet and with the controller I was hoping I could achieve this. Also it will be voice activated and a controller to all your devices so sounds pretty slick.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I have the MXQ 4x and it's great. I do everything on it now and being on the tv makes it easy on the eyes. Just get a wireless mouse and keyboard (I got Logitech k330 for $40 at staples). Even have all the American channels free and local news

Nonuser

Distinguished Member

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Ya I payed $75 fully loaded. I have all the American channels, local news and sports that are live streaming plus a bunch of ones for movies and tv shows on demand. I don't even need Netflix I get it all free. The keyboard and mouse makes Internet and YouTube easier. I've never had an issue but also have high speed internet. Super Bowl is even on there but I don't watch much sports. Love the hunting channel and outdoors network tho lmao

Marz

Well was thinking for an android tv. Currently using Ruku but tired of the limitations. I have not had cable for three years.

Also I still like to play games and when the gaming shield was out I thought about getting one but then it was too late they only had the tv.

I was hoping it's a two in one tv and gaming/ pc. Would like to use the tv as a tablet and with the controller I was hoping I could achieve this. Also it will be voice activated and a controller to all your devices so sounds pretty slick.

Sorry have been away for awhile.

The gaming component is OK. The kids enjoy it but prefer others - I only use the android games and not the shield hub. We primarily use it for movies/TV shows. There are some issues with pcm audio. I view this as more of a home theatre box (for the purists out there I understand it isn't a true htpc) Exodus is good but most android boxes can handle all of this. I am unsure about the new voice activation as I have the first Gen.

It is pricey compared to some of the other android boxes. But I wanted the horse power.

I would try some of the less expensive android boxes as they may suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
So far, confused and not as nice as I would have thought.

Have Jodi Jarvis 16.1 tried my best to upgrade no go, errors would not download watched several videos also articles and nothing worked. Had to reset to factory. Thank god for that.

Still can't find live sports yes I've tried castaway and almost every sports app available. Maybe have to configure the vpn client on my router. Ugh. Error connecting message, even ustvnow nope.

Tv shows and movies a okay, universal remote kinda works

Question what happens when you hook one of these up to a new smart tv ?

Canadianeh

So I picked up one of these
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01HNLTJGE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With a https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01FJXV182/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far alright, I need to figure out Netflix and sports but I'm catching up on my missed tv I had issues with my Hulu subscription on the roku
Your first link is broken. Which one that you got? I am thinking to go down the same route too and cut my cable TV. Is it possible to watch CP24 and CBC news using android box in HD? Those are the most programs I watch on my basic cable TV.