Nyos Torq Available In Canada

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So this just happened. I ordered 2 large body and can not wait for them to get here. I have been waiting for a long time but I am so happy to get away from the MJ and TLF combo. More to come.

https://sustainablemarinecanada.ca/products/nyos-torq-media-reactor

fdfba5c5f51deee93280aff34e61fbc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I really like the idea, but can't believe the sticker price. I've got 2 150's that are leaking all over the place, so I'm looking to replace them, I don't think this will be the direction I go. Why can't companies just give us something that's reasonably priced? So do you have some used 150's you're looking to get rid of? (I just need the damn o-rings, it's a terrible design) :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yes these ones were twice the price of a tlf150 with mj1200 setup, but keep in mind that price was for 2 and I got the largest ones. Plus everything is more when it is new and shimmery.

I will be selling off my equiptment. On a side note you can just buy o rings.

Zombiex

I really like the idea, but can't believe the sticker price. I've got 2 150's that are leaking all over the place, so I'm looking to replace them, I don't think this will be the direction I go. Why can't companies just give us something that's reasonably priced? So do you have some used 150's you're looking to get rid of? (I just need the damn o-rings, it's a terrible design) :)
I have a almost brand new bashsea for sale

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have a almost brand new bashsea for sale
Bashsea did it right by compressing ther oring between 2 flat surfaces. Tlf has this angled walls compressing the oring. Prone to failure by design.

No orings, hoses or screws with the NYOS. I am looking forward to seeing how easy the maintenance truly is on these. Full initial review once they get delivered in a week or so.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Delivery from the wholesale was EARLY. I should have them in hand tomorrow now instead of next week!!! I also picked up more Polyplab glue and the PolypLab Scope

2e05f9acaf56ad92f79961356a0c8c72.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Well more to come but my initial impression is mixed learning well on the positive side. It works amazing but there are a few improvements that I was sad to find. My primary concern is that on a power outage the canister completely drains to the water level. That could be bad for someone using it for biopellets as the bacteria would start to die off in minutes rather then hours when the power goes out. It is however super simple to set up and adjust. Dead quiet and extremely well built. Currently i have carbon packed in the bottom with HC GFO in the top. The GFO is tumbling evenly and perfectly throughout. I am extremely impressed.
bb013e8ada5a6ce1de33d8c29187e617.jpg

Please ignore the dead sps. I have a alk spike when I shut down my tank. 100% my fault. I lost all my sps and cap.

Tim A

Havn’t got mine set up yet, wife is not overly thrilled that I got it :x . I got the 1.0

n3cron

Am sure it’s a stupid question. But how do you rinse the carbon once you have it in there? Do you just put it in a media bag and rinse it first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Am sure it’s a stupid question. But how do you rinse the carbon once you have it in there? Do you just put it in a media bag and rinse it first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The same way you rinse it in any other reactor. If you run just carbon then take the top of and rinse. If you are running 2 media types, then like any other dual media reactor you have to pre rinse.