OPP pay increase of 8.55%

reeffreak

Super Active Member
And what about jut leaving that money for our municiple departments ? Or give it to soup kitchens, or feed the starving kids who go to school with no lunch everyday?

reeffreak

Super Active Member
For the amount of homeless/ starving kids we have under the age 12,  personally, suggesting raising a wage from $80,000 to $90,000 isn't really that important is it and shouldn't be the most important topic. Also, why are we paying police more money, when there doing less work, I said it once, I will say it again. Policing is going to die down. Citifies provinces can't afford there reasoning budgets, and crime rates have been dropping for 10+ years, so why again are we paying more for less?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Big_Als_London link=topic=7581.msg78427#msg78427 date=1390834817]
In London, Police don't get free things anymore.  Most places stopped giving them free drinks.

Police don't get free stuff ?? I see it everyday. It's more like, they're not supposed to take free stuff. It's not very ethical that a police officer can walk into a coffee shop, jump to the front of the line, and get free service.
[/quote]Its a good thing I didn't say Sarnia...

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=7581.msg78429#msg78429 date=1390835912]
In London, Police don't get free things anymore.  Most places stopped giving them free drinks.

Police don't get free stuff ?? I see it everyday. It's more like, they're not supposed to take free stuff. It's not very ethical that a police officer can walk into a coffee shop, jump to the front of the line, and get free service.
[/quote]

If you think it doesn't happen in London. You're crazy.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Big_Als_London link=topic=7581.msg78442#msg78442 date=1390837689]
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=7581.msg78429#msg78429 date=1390835912]

[/quote]

If you think it doesn't happen in London. You're crazy.
[/quote]

I see it all the time in London.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Petercar link said:
[quote author=unibob link=topic=7581.msg78434#msg78434 date=1390836952]
They are starting to say someone my age wont receive a penny of CPP. If they are cutting out CPP, cut out welfare too. I do agree you shouldn't expect the government to support you once you are retired, but if im not going to see any of it when im old and out of the workforce then I damn don't want to be paying into it.
im sure there wont be any old age moneys in the next 10 yrs
[/quote]That is just a ridiculous statement.  Read some articles and you will find that is no where near the truth by anyone's account.  CPP will be viable for generations at current contribution rates.  Problem was the financial meltdown of 2008 made things look a little more grim but thanks to the our boom and bust wall street economy things are back as good as ever (currently). 

The other problem with retirement is stagnant wages, growing income inequality, corporations refusal to offer decent company pensions, and peoples poor savings and retirement funds (ie. more people dependent on government money only for retirement).

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
sunnykita link said:
In Woodstock they get free everything. Just sayin and our city council just voted to downsize the firefighting department.
Highest mill rate in Ontario I bet.  Services aren't anything to rave about either. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
"good as ever"  is the key here.  In actuality this is in incorrect statement.  We are "worse than ever in history". 

http://opinion.financialpost.com/2013/05/16/beyond-our-means-government-debt-tops-1-2-trillion-and-spending-is-still-rising/

I have no idea how the government expects to pay back 1.2 trillion dollars. I don't know how any sensible person, in a country of 30 million people, can look at that number and say "we're in good shape, there's plenty of money we're as good as ever". 

Sorry Darryl, but that's a rose coloured look at things.  Evidently it's a PC way of looking at things too, since we haven't run in the black since Cretien was in power.  I'm not even a liberal backer but holy cow, this country is a train wreck. 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I was talking about CPP.......

I hardly think our future is rosy.  Plenty of blame to go around IMO (goverment, big business, lobbying, wall street/bay street, global economy)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Darryl_V link said:

I hardly think our future is rosy.

Agreed.  However how long before a government accountant looks at the huge payout amounts and starts to cut into that juicy pie. 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=7581.msg78472#msg78472 date=1390853083]

Agreed.  However how long before a government accountant looks at the huge payout amounts and starts to cut into that juicy pie. 
[/quote]The day they STEAL from our CPP retirement contributions is the day we burn it down.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I think why everyone is so concerned about cpp and that it won't be available is because there are companies out there who are looking for money to insure the cpp is there for you.... So in a way it is being used as a fear tactic so you will spend or invest money somewhere else.... What's the deal with purple shield?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7581.msg78475#msg78475 date=1390853272]

[/quote]The day they STEAL from our CPP retirement contributions is the day we burn it down.
[/quote]

We'll need ammo.  Lots of ammo.  I'll get to work.  ;)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7581.msg78475#msg78475 date=1390853272]

[/quote]

Amen