Ordering Online??

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gietz

So I'm going to have to do some ordering on-line so get some supplies, and was wondering where you all do your ordering? i would like to keep this Canadian based as i would be ordering like $300 maybe more and would like to keep it duty free lol. 

thx

M

marks69

i've ordered from fadelle, j and l, brs, tampa bay aquatics.  just need to shop around, some things are way cheaper in the states.  i don't bother with the duty, get them to send it usps and it won't cost much.  ups charges a nasty brokerage fee to bring stuff across.  and if the price is close get it local, better service for warrenty, and it helps keep the stores alive so they can bring you fish.
gl
mark

G

Gietz

can you guys give the websites?? im looking to get return pumps, skimmers, heaters and possible sumps, just looking for a online saltwater store that i can get good equipment for a good price

thx

S

shayneh

I'd say stick to Canadian stores.....nothing like waiting 3 weeks for something to ship from Buffalo or Detroit because it sits in Customs while they decide how much duty to charge you. Remember if you can buy it here you will pay duty by the time you factor the delay (or losing the package altogether) with USPS and the border plus shipping and duty it's worth the extra 5-10 dollars.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
have it shipped to a detroit or port huron "Parcel shop".  You choice what to do at the border:)
May not be worth the drive i guess:)

S

shayneh

You'll have to google them but I have used or frequently look at the following....in no particular order:

mops.ca
Incredible Aquarium.... (what do you think marks69?)
Box of Water
Reef Perfection
Fadelle Marine
Sea U Marine
Ecoreefer.com
JL Aquatics
Aqua Safe Canada
BWI plumbing

There are more but I'm drawing a blank (brain not working today.....all clogged from too many Guiness last night).

S

shayneh

I just saw this one and they have some pretty decent (and efficient) return pumps with the Eheim compact plus and the Blau....

http://www.reefconcept.com/catalog/

xxmurrxx

Someone gave me a link before but I don't remember it maybe someone can help..

It's a Canadian supplier who carries Bulk Reef equipment?
I checked it out, prices seemed pretty reasonable (compared to bulk reef)

G

Gietz

thx everyone for the help  now ill get this started up and post back when the 55 gal is up and running wont be anytime soon tho lol

thx

C

Cal_stir

check out goreef, they are canadian, good prices and free shipping over $150

iantower

Goreef.com has been my source since day 1... located in Canada, free shipping over 150... and takes about three days to get to you, great and fast customer service, no questions asked.. .all in all a great online store.

G

Gietz

thx everyone i goin to go throught this but i already notice that they are alot cheaper than my LFS

xxmurrxx

Nice link, Looks like good prices and free canadian shipping is a bonus for sure.

iantower link said:
Goreef.com has been my source since day 1... located in Canada, free shipping over 150... and takes about three days to get to you, great and fast customer service, no questions asked.. .all in all a great online store.

G

Gietz

OK thx for all the great website no one other question!  when starting my tank I'm going to use instant ocean salt, but i know that reef crystals are really good but i wont be setting up the reef tank to start I'm going FOWLR so should i get the reef crystals when i start adding corals?? or start reef crystals right from the start. i prob wont be adding corals till like 6 months a year max

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.