Pan World 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewel

Gotta question about my return pump, first time I've run an exterior pump. The Pan World 200, 1750 GL per hour. It's too powerful for my tank so I have a valve on it restricting the flow. My question is, Can the pump handle being cut back to half, If I open it full the tank will overflow, Thanks in advance

parksy

Super Active Member
You could plumb a recirculation line that could flow back to the start of your sump allowing you to take the pressure off of the pump.

parksy

Super Active Member
Every larger pump should have a recirculation line in place it just takes stress off the pump and allows for a longer life.

Im sure it could run fine the way it is, I was just giving you a solution so that you don't have to worry about it.  :)

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
lol hell yeah .. GO CPETs

and what he says is correct... you can pinch in a pump on the ouytput but the recirc is the better option/addition.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Neopimp link said:
lol hell yeah .. GO CPETs

and what he says is correct... you can pinch in a pump on the ouytput but the recirc is the better option/addition.
yes,opens a few options when you do,like a reactor or two,just "T" it in on the return line

Jewel

I can understand the operator talk, I worked for Ashland Chemical for 14 years so I'm well aware of the problems with rebuilding pumps anyway back to my issue, I have put in a recirculating line and can throttle a valve to control the flow, Hey maybe I won't have to down size the pump after all, Great Idea thanks Jim

Jewel

Great idea, just needs some tweeking, I have a valve under my tank that I was gonna use to throttle it back but even at full open the water goes through the by pass, looks like i'm gonna have to put a valve on the by pass line now, no biggy probably better any way if I hook it up to my Bio-pellet reactor.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Jewel link said:
Great idea, just needs some tweeking, I have a valve under my tank that I was gonna use to throttle it back but even at full open the water goes through the by pass, looks like i'm gonna have to put a valve on the by pass line now, no biggy probably better any way if I hook it up to my Bio-pellet reactor.

your already there.. why not take this recirc line and turn it into a manifold with 3 barbed outlets all valved. just use one with a lenth of hose for the recirulating line right now and as you want to add reactors or anything else you already have 2 open outlets ready to go

Status
Not open for further replies.