Looking For Peppermint Shrimp

Shawn White

Hi everyone I noticed what expect is some AIPTASIA in my tank would like to try a peppermint shrimp to get rid of the so if anyone in the London area has one to sell please let me know thanks

bluewater

If you see one aiptasia, chances there are others you don't see. If you only have one or a few consider yourself lucky, now is the time to do something.

From my experiences with peppermints they are very timid creatures, one single may not feel safe out in the open and spend much time hiding. Your mileage may vary.

What you can do today is smother them. I use epoxy putty or chewed gum blobs to COMPLETELY cover them well. It looks like hell, but it kills the damn things and then blobs can be removed later.

Cheers, pm sent

Winks

Website Affiliate
Peppermint shrimp are a seasonal creature. From what I understand they are caught by the lobster fisherman and when hurricane season is here, they do not go out for lobsters so therefore no peppermint shrimp. They are in the middle of hurricane season right now so supplies will be low to none.

Another natural predator to aiptasia are file fish, which are hit and miss. File fish can also get an appetite for some corals so that is also a concern.