Pest Id

Mark092

Can anyone ID what these are in the video? I could not get it to upload directly to TFT, so I uploaded it to YouTube. Unfortunately the quality did not turn out as good as it looked on my phone.

Rearranged some rocks today and noticed these when the lights turned off. Some are blue and some are orange. They are free swimming in the water column and attracted to the flash light on my phone.

Thanks!

Mark092

Baby fish would be cool! But I don't think anything in my tank has spawned.

Thanks @Pistol, so nothing to be concerned with?

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Baby fish would be cool! But I don't think anything in my tank has spawned.

Thanks @Pistol, so nothing to be concerned with?
If they are that , then no , you’re safe I have lots in mine they are kinda like bigger pods lol , I’ve never seen that colour tho !

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Not pods, I know that, are they red and blue coloured? I bet they were,, if so I had the same things, they are just different types of brissle worms, heres a pic to help you ID them, they cause no harm as far as I've ever noticed
swimatree976.jpeg.jpg

Mark092

Hmm its hard to say. They look similar in colour to the link you sent Pistol, but they appear more worm-like, and not quite so C-shaped like the pods. Some were blueish, and some were orange like the colour I've seen in bristle worms. They didn't have any bristle like projections though, just smooth bodies from what I could tell.
I saw them in my tank well over a year ago, and then not again until last night, after I had chiseled apart some rock. Wondering if they are developing bristle worms that were hiding in the rock?

Thanks for the input!

Kman

Super Active Member
They are hard to see in the video but based on movement those are mysid shrimp. Not much else moves all squirrely like that. They are good.