Pinpoint monitors

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I just picked up a smoking deal on 5 monitors today. Ph, hardness, salinity, temp, and orp

A couple questions for those using any of these. First, how do you mount them to a wall?  Second and I guess important....what the heck and how do you use the orp monitor? 

Thanks Craig

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I would seriously not worry about ORP... its so complicated and so many things affect it that you will have a meltdown.  besides you cant really control it specifically anyways. 

I have an orp probe but that because I got it free... I use it to track trends and don't give a crap what the number actually is specifically.

Feel free to look up ORP or Oxidizing Reducing/REduction Potential if you want.  Hope you like chemistry,  I have tried to explain it to people on here before and I gave up:)

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-12/rhf/feature/

that's is your best bet

Sewerat

Super Active Member
That's what I thought I had looked it up before but didn't quite understand who what or why it mattered. So any advise on how to mount the monitors clean to a wall??

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
With a nail through the screen :)

Non idea never used them.  Velcro maybe or double sides tape just don't hang them above water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sewerat

Super Active Member
So it kinda looks like the orp one is useless for me? Best used with ozone from what I understand, anyone interested in it? Trade for somethg I need? Frags? Let me know if you're interested.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I don't know of anyone running ozone on their system lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk