Please help with proper ID

DerekL

Is this a lepto? If so what care should I provide it? Keep in mind my tank lighting is the Orphek Atlantik led. High light? Low light, flow? When I search the web I find some say it's sps some Lps? So I get conflicting answers so I am turning to the ones I trust the most. I will try and get a better pic tomorrow with my camera hopefully showing more detail and better colouring i find it hard getting decent pics with my iphone.

DerekL

Not sure Brandon. Doesn't look like and pics of pavona I have found online. It looks as though it's an encrusting coral. My neighbour gave me it he said that long skinny sweeper tenticles come out at night. I have only had it a day now so I couldn't verify any sweepers.

DerekL

I have had pavona in the past and I realize that there are many different species but everything I have read about pavona do not match this coral. The person I got this coral from is a really good friend and have seen this in his tank for quite some time never shows any polyp extention. He told me to make sure there is no other coral near it as it has killed or damaged corals he has tried putting near it with sweepers at night time.