Please Recommend Cuc Or Analyze My Wish List

Canadianeh

I mean that's all you really need. Granular Ferric Oxide.

The CUC is just tank filler. I am partial to the blue leggeds myself, but they don't do much. Mexican turbos are good cleaners but knock the crap out of everything, but for gunk in the tank, you need a really good skimmer and GFO. Change monthly, and bob's yer uncle. Add carbon to keep the water crystal clear....
Ahh I see what you mean.

I will be using chemipure blue when I add livestock in so I believe this is the same as GFO already

As for CUC, I like having them as well. Cleaning is their secondary duty.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Chemipure is a variation on activated carbon. Chemipure elite has GFO in it, and I -think- chemipure blue has some claims of removing phosphates, but hands down phosphates are your enemy in a reef tank, and true GFO is easy to use, easy to find, not terribly expensive, and you don't need to rely on a brand-name product.

I brought a tank literally back from the dead with nothing buy hi-cap GFO, so I know what I'm talking about :)
ew6.jpg

Canadianeh

Chemipure is a variation on activated carbon. Chemipure elite has GFO in it, and I -think- chemipure blue has some claims of removing phosphates, but hands down phosphates are your enemy in a reef tank, and true GFO is easy to use, easy to find, not terribly expensive, and you don't need to rely on a brand-name product.

I brought a tank literally back from the dead with nothing buy hi-cap GFO, so I know what I'm talking about :) View attachment 11089

I brought a tank literally back from the dead with nothing buy hi-cap GFO, so I know what I'm talking about :) View attachment 11089

Nice which GFO products and reactors you recommend? Chemipure Blue has GFO in it as well. Chemipure Blue = Chemipure Elite + Purigen

Canadianeh

Thanks! This is what I ordered:
2x Halloween Hermit Crabs Trizopagurus strigatus
2x Astrea snails
2x Spiney Pacific Turbo snails
2x Tectus snail Tectus fenestratus snails
2x Nassarius Vibex Nassarius snails