Pokemon Go!

LIttle Reef Keeper

Website
www.facebook.com
Anyone playing? I can't get enough of this stupid game! I think I've lost 5lbs!
f398a7c187691e91873929c6f692b1bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
It is not in Canada. Some people have downloaded the apk and/or whatever the file name is for IOS so that they can still play it. Only downfall is that most of the manual install files have been cracked with a virus.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Nighthawk26

Read today about a guy who as lead into a robbery with this game. Not sure how that works. Pretty interactive though evidently. haha

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
this game is brilliant.
I normally go for a walk every night with my wife and dog. Usually about 1-2km or so.
Since starting the game last week Monday i have walked average 4-5km per day.

I do not understand the hate for this game. Literally one of the first games to get people off the couch and its wildly popular and there is still a strong group of haters.
Trust me if im not playing this, after a long day of work the xbox gets turned on and i unwind playing games that way.

" All these kids do is sit in the basement and play games, disgusting, they should get outside and enjoy nature and fresh air"

Actually with this new game they have to get outside and move, there is literally nothing you can do from sitting on a couch.

" oh, well thats stupid, what a dumb game, they should be getting jobs rather than walking around playing a dumb game all day"

Actually i work all day and go for a walk with my dog in the evening and play

"well thats also stupid, theres better things to do then that, get a grip on your life man"

and on and on and on.....

Sry for the rant, ive had to explain this to too many people.
(each time it ends with them shutting up and realizing that being active and having fun is a stupid thing to hate)

Sewerat

Super Active Member
We started the day it came to Canada. I tried to get it early as some of my friends have it. I can not do anything from home due to where I live. But since starting it we get out a few times a week to walk around Stratford Avon river with the dogs. It's amazing how many notable park benches there are, how many plaques I have never seen or cared to read, I am slowly learning some of the history of the cities around me. Can anyone tell me the story of the church and the lighting fire??

Yes it's a silly little game, but how it this game any sillier then clash of clans, or game of war, or zombie killing, or....... You get the point. Like Brandon said, I come home from wrk put my feet up and play zombies or dinosaurs, now the dog gets to go for a walk and play Pokemon with me.

Btw Go Team Mystic
270a536e2cf1e005ca77664706f4ebfd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heath

Distinguished Member
I think its great that its getting kids and people out but some are taking it to the extreme... there is a couple in my building that are plying and they are dragging their little guy (2.5 yr) out in the middle of the night to find Pokémon's...

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The problem that people are having is that all the pros are also cons. Yes, kids are getting out, in the masses even, but they are glued to their phone still. Yay, they got off their couch and PS4, just to grab another device and be glued to it. Sure, they are getting out, but they are not playing being active or experiencing nature. Most are driving to a location then standing using their finger. There are also hacks that people use to trick their GPS. I have even seen ads on Kijiji for people offering to walk peoples phones to help hatch eggs. One person tied their phone to their ceiling fan to get footsteps all day. There are several people that use it as a fun addition to life, such as the 2 above members posted. But there are masses that are obsessed over it. They are moving like zombies through towns not worried about their own safety.

Here is a good video of a larger issue. One that is already happening.

Yes, I know about this game. I downloaded it to try. It is very addicting. Our Gym is at an old still active mill on the edge of town on a highway road. There are no sidewalks and it is across from the beer store and a bar. Kids walk down the street with their phone in their face.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
The problem that people are having is that all the pros are also cons. Yes, kids are getting out, in the masses even, but they are glued to their phone still. Yay, they got off their couch and PS4, just to grab another device and be glued to it. Sure, they are getting out, but they are not playing being active or experiencing nature. Most are driving to a location then standing using their finger. There are also hacks that people use to trick their GPS. I have even seen ads on Kijiji for people offering to walk peoples phones to help hatch eggs. One person tied their phone to their ceiling fan to get footsteps all day. There are several people that use it as a fun addition to life, such as the 2 above members posted. But there are masses that are obsessed over it. They are moving like zombies through towns not worried about their own safety.

Here is a good video of a larger issue. One that is already happening.

Yes, I know about this game. I downloaded it to try. It is very addicting. Our Gym is at an old still active mill on the edge of town on a highway road. There are no sidewalks and it is across from the beer store and a bar. Kids walk down the street with their phone in their face.
I also see on kijiji people selling there Pokémon accounts too. .. other problem is trespassing.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I'll keep bringing my son camping and canoeing and forever banish the phone to the house lol. He knows if he pulls it out on a trip it's in the bottom of the lake once I get it. He tried to say I can't get it from him so I said I'll just flip the canoe :)