TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
logo.png

PolypLab Premium Coral Frag Glue 28g - 7 pack $16.95

(can also be purchased in a 25 pack - $45.49 )

I honestly thought things could not get better then BSI Insta-cure IC-GEL Coral glue. After using several different name and no-name brand cyanoacrylate glues, BSI was hands down my favorite especially when used in combination with the accelerator. I could not imagine anything better. PolypLab just had to prove me wrong...

What do the claim?
What makes Polyplab's glue different?

•Initial use child proof protection ring
•Positive pressure only aluminum tubes means you get all the glue that you pay for
•Ability to glue underwater with out any back syphoning compromising the product
•It's an ultra thick gel that you can literally "make ice cream cones with"
•Every tube comes with it's own stem
•Stem diameter is uniform for a perfect application
•Glue has an 8 hr work time when exposed to air for extended frag session
•Glue will react with water and bond within 5-15 seconds
•Great for fresh water plants as well

I had a friend who was coming down from London grab me up some from Sustainable Marine Canada yesterday. I am switching up a lot in my tank. Last night I started fragging off some frogspawn, torches and hammers and used the BSi. My accelerator ran out, so it was extremely frustrating waiting for the glue to dry while holding the coral skeleton. This morning I whipped out the PolypLab Premium Coral Frag Glue today to give it a go. I figured it was worth a shot and with its claims I hoped to avoid the previous frustration. After using it on a few frags and using it in the tank, the only thing that was frustrating was that I did not try it last night. I mean seriously thicker then BSi and made perfect cones to place SPS frags into. The real test was the wait holding the frags until they could stand up on their own. It literally was 5-7 seconds and they were good. I also placed a few pieces I was growing out on to rock today as well. Same results as fragging, within seconds it was hard and secure on the rock.

I currently have a blob and testing out the work time as they claim.
I also did not use the whole first bottle, so I will be testing if it can be reused. Several coral glues I have used clog up and can not be used for more then 1-2 applications.

Can be purchased online at:

Sustainablemarinecanada.ca
Reefsupplies.ca

WiredWeasel

Hmm definitely interested in how well the glue nozzles hold up to the clogging. Is there a metal pin or anything on the reverse of the cap to prevent clogging?

Monnishan

Also very interested in this product Mark. Gonna need to be securing all my frags from my frag rack to my rockwork this coming weekend. Might be a trip to London

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Hmm definitely interested in how well the glue nozzles hold up to the clogging. Is there a metal pin or anything on the reverse of the cap to prevent clogging?

More then 6 hours later and still flowed perfectly after removing the cap. No needle to stop the clogs. Neither does BSi and I have never had a clog with that either.

As for the work time, most of the last come was still soft after 4 hours. Trying it again now

c2ee7e0d81d4aa71f71583fde2ea2d45.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Nelson79

Rest in Peace 08/06/2019
I really liked the BSI stuff but it did take a bit to dry, if polylab dries faster I want to try do they have an accelerator to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I really liked the BSI stuff but it did take a bit to dry, if polylab dries faster I want to try do they have an accelerator to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well so far I am at 4 hours and as long as it is left 'dry' then it is still workable and ready to drop a frag in. Not sure how much longer I am going to test the workable stage as 4 hours is a pretty long time to drop a frag on it.

Once it gets wet you have 5-10 seconds to hold the frag in place before it starts to set. At that point I let go of the SPS frags. I have 1 more euphyllia to glue to a plug. Basically the water on the frag starts curing it in seconds. You could also dip it in tank water to speed that process up over all or maybe use some tank water in a spray bottle. No accelerator required.

I mounted some sps frag on the side of rocks today and it held without drooping or falling after only a few seconds.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Have you tried it with the accelerator? Does it set instantly without having to put in water?
No idea. I ran out of the accelerator. Hence my frustration with BSi the night before and why I jumped the gun to start using the PolypLab before running out of BSi. To note, PolypLab holds in just a few seconds. You do not have to put it in water. The moisture on the frag is enough to set it as you can see in the video.

Sue

No idea. I ran out of the accelerator. Hence my frustration with BSi the night before and why I jumped the gun to start using the PolypLab before running out of BSi. To note, PolypLab holds in just a few seconds. You do not have to put it in water. The moisture on the frag is enough to set it as you can see in the video.

Much appreciated, thanks for the reply.
I want to try it out, where can I find it?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
How does this compare to Ecotech Marine's Glue?
I love Ecotech and their products. I recently switched to 2 MP40QD's, 2 Radion XR30 Pro's with a Reeflink. But I must say... I hate their glue.

I tried 2 bottles, the one that came in their frag kit and I won a bulk bottle at an event. Both cases I threw away more then I used. Only because I got tired of clogged nozzles, some so bad I had to throw it out. At the time I switched back to the Dollarr Store glues. At least if they clogged i had gotten 3 for a dollar.

Jaysan

I love Ecotech and their products. I recently switched to 2 MP40QD's, 2 Radion XR30 Pro's with a Reeflink. But I must say... I hate their glue.

I tried 2 bottles, the one that came in their frag kit and I won a bulk bottle at an event. Both cases I threw away more then I used. Only because I got tired of clogged nozzles, some so bad I had to throw it out. At the time I switched back to the Dollarr Store glues. At least if they clogged i had gotten 3 for a dollar.

I get that...my glue also clogged, but my latest one didnt clog. lol

Is the consistency and dry time similar?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I get that...my glue also clogged, but my latest one didnt clog. lol

Is the consistency and dry time similar?

It has been about 4 years since I used Ecotech coral glue. This is the thickest gel I have used and so far it is consistent through the entire first bottle. As for dry time he video above shows how quickly it sets. I guess you would be best to compare that.

Jaysan

It has been about 4 years since I used Ecotech coral glue. This is the thickest gel I have used and so far it is consistent through the entire first bottle. As for dry time he video above shows how quickly it sets. I guess you would be best to compare that.
Thanks!
Looks like I'll have to try this glue :)