Qt Length ?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
How long would you guys recommend QT healthy looking fish?
They were at the store for 2 weeks before purchase and did a round of prazi there and now have done a week of CP.
All look very healthy and are eating and happy.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIttle Reef Keeper

Website
www.facebook.com
No matter where you buy them you should always QT again yourself. I have been doing 1 week settle in and get the fish eating, then 4 weeks in hypo without any marine ich spotted, raise the salinity over 4 days, then wait another 2 weeks to ensure they are ich free. I do 3 doses of prazi within this time aswell.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

heath

Distinguished Member
I would think that what kind of fish they are should play a role in the QT process... I have fish that I have put straight into the tank and they have done great and I have also had fish that have been in qt for 4 weeks not make it..
Another thing is, only buy from a store that you have confidence in.. are you sure that they were there for 2 weeks before you bought them.. my little rant is that I hate to see kids or some adults in a store tapping on the glass..
There are so many variables, you just have to trust your gut and find what works for you..

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
I was always told to quarantine for at least 6 weeks to make sure they are healthy before you put them in with other fish. However, it is not always a guarantee as Heather points out.

thehvacman

It's observe for 6 weeks, and treat for ailments, and then observe for another 6 weeks. So many times thing don't show themselves until the 5th week. It's worth the extra time!