Redsea Reefer 170

Painter Steve

Donor
Hey reefers,

Haven't posted much about this tank so I figured it's time to show it off a bit before I decide to up grade. Been running about 2 years now and I gotta say I Love these Redsea tanks. I'm running the Apex new gen with the Dos & DDR and using the Orca Nitra-Guard Titanium cubes for Nitrates. I let Phos do its thing in the tank and only using an old CPR SR3 skimmer. Lights are Radion Gen4 XR-30 Pro with Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid and love the combo.

Some Pics, mind the frag racks & dirty glass. Total PITA moving the frag racks to clean the glass

Attachments

• Tank shot left.jpg
    Tank shot left.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Tank shot middle.jpg
    Tank shot middle.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 276
  • Tank shot right.jpg
    Tank shot right.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Tank Shot.jpg
    Tank Shot.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 292

Painter Steve

Donor
Wow- looking awesome, thanks for sharing. Looks like you’re ready for an upgrade, one more frag and the seams are going to burst
Ya been buying everything on my wish list over the last year so i'd have all the corals ready for the new tank. The plan was to move first but don't want to deal with this crazy housing market so might just have to dive into a new tank sooner then later.

Painter Steve

Donor
Updated picture. Got rid of a few colony's that were getting to big for the tank and added a few new pieces. Slowly setting up a RedSea Reefer G2 200 to help make some room in this tank.

Attachments

• Tank Pic.jpg
    Tank Pic.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 210

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
I picked up a frag at the last KW coral show, think it was in Oct 2019. Unfortunately that colony was one that I had to get rid of, now back to a small frag.
Three years growth, nice. On the one hand it's unfortunate that we can't support the 200+ gallon aquariums of our dreams to house our favorite coral, but from what I've seen space invader pectinia can be temperamental, and obviously you've had success with it*, so "nicely done" regardless, and I'm sure the frag will grow to a colony in no time.

*not surprising since I've gotten some awesome frags from you in the past

Painter Steve

Donor
Haven't updated this post in a while so I figured its time for a few more pictures. Need to do some fragging, there's about to be some warz going on with a few colonies. Also picked up a sweet frag of TSA Princess Peach about a year ago and it seems to be happy in its new house, maybe a little to happy as its creeping way to close to Golden Jawdropper.

Attachments

• Tank Pic #1.jpg
    Tank Pic #1.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Tank Pic #2.jpg
    Tank Pic #2.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 128
  • TSA Princess Peach.jpg
    TSA Princess Peach.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 173