Reef Breeder Led Lights

sunnykita

Super Active Member
trying to load a few photos of Average Guys Reef Breeder LED lights, sorry for the quality of the photos, from my cell phone.
Shayne is quite happy with the lights. The shimmer effect is very nice. He had the 3 of them shipped to the border and picked them up. Paid taxes which were reasonable. I will have to take my camera over and see if I can get any better shots. Shayne's tank is 30 inches deep so he went with the 120.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
whoops ! wrong photos, how do I remove them? trying to not being successful, can you remove them? the message I got said I couldn't remove them geesh !

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Lights look good, but what did you have on the tank before?  I've rarely seen palys that look stressed lol. 

Do you run GFO? 

Heh, not a criticism.  Your tank looks like a 90's-era  struggling salt tank.  Like say one I would have had when I got all my advice from the LFS (oh I had to throw that in there).  There's so much on the market now to keep HA away, and hopefully the lighting helps out in there too (no idea I'm not familiar with average guy lights). 

If you don't run GFO, carbon and maybe pellets... could be a good time to start.  If you do, up the schedule you are swapping out the media.  Let's get that tank looking pretty in the new lights. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
Lights look good, but what did you have on the tank before?  I've rarely seen palys that look stressed lol. 

Do you run GFO? 

Heh, not a criticism.  Your tank looks like a 90's-era  struggling salt tank.  Like say one I would have had when I got all my advice from the LFS (oh I had to throw that in there).  There's so much on the market now to keep HA away, and hopefully the lighting helps out in there too (no idea I'm not familiar with average guy lights). 

If you don't run GFO, carbon and maybe pellets... could be a good time to start.  If you do, up the schedule you are swapping out the media.  Let's get that tank looking pretty in the new lights. 

not her tank i dont think glen :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6963.msg69900#msg69900 date=1385394452]

Do you run GFO? 

not her tank i dont think glen :)

[/quote]

oh. 

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Hi Glen and Brandon
Yes, not my tank. Average Guy did have some issues a couple of weeks ago. Hydro pole replaced in front of his place. They blew some wiring, kitchen and the tank and he lost a lot of stuff. It is on the way back, it's looking better than it was. Thanks for the advice. I'll pass it on. He was running GFO and carbon at one time.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
these are the lights he was running before the LED purchase and at the time of the hydro screw up. I posted a link in dry goods for sale for him, he said he'd sell them to anyone on the forum for 300 bucks for all. The pendants are under a year old, I believe.

http://woodstock.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessories-PFO-hqi-metal-halide-pendants-and-hood-for-reef-aquariums-W0QQAdIdZ546021529