reef octupus skimmer

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
i hot one of them reef octups skimmers with the DC pumps.  i ordered thru brs in aug  and installed it in my sump sumtime in sept ..so i come home this sat after being gone all week. the skimmer isnt going.  so i looked at controller lights. there all on. and the powerbar light is on to.  ..so i unscrewed the pump off the skimmer body. and put it a 5 gallon pail woth vinegar and some water. just enuff to f drown the pump. and i took the pump all apart and cleaned it all up with a toothbrush  and plugged it in nope. no go..i could spin the impelller with my fingers.  .i have a waveline DC pump as my return pump. that pump has been goin over a year and half. ..never been out to clean at all. ..so i plugged my skiimmmer controller into the return pump it works.  so i plug the return contoller into the skimmer pump ..no go ..so i get onto my computer and go to coralvues website and get a ticket for support ..it says they will get to me on the next business day  ..so this morning at 10 am they send me a email and all that and want the receipt for that skimmer.  and then in a few hrs they said we will send yu a new pump.  ..now half hour ago i have a tracking slip ..good customer service ?