Reef Rax My New Favorite Natural Looking Frag Racks!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Reef Rax my new favorite natural looking frag racks!

Ian from Sustainable Marine Canada (SMC) was delivered a box of Reef Rax right before the show. In the past my feedback was that I am hesitant on trying them as I have a 120 gallon tank and they were not able to be used on half in glass. I guess the design team took that as a challenge as his latest delivery included racks specifically to be used in tanks with 1/2" glass and boy does it hold on.

They now come with an added backing plate that allows for better vertical stability and upgraded magnets. The outer magnets are not waterproof on 1/2” Racks. I have not found the 1/2" compatible ones anywhere other then SMC so far. He literally took deliver of the box the night before the 6th annual London Fragfest. I am sure his site will be updated in the near future. Reef Rax do not need to be cured. They will not leech anything into your tank and come in a few different colors and shapes.

As soon as I got home this went in my tank. I should have taken a picture first, but I was too excited to see how well it holds.

Here are the original Reef Rax.

image1_1024x1024.JPG

It sat empty for a while during acclimation of my loot from the show this year. There are 9 holes in the one I have. I really need to invest in a better camera for photos.

32366339_10156139063380751_1974766004957347840_n.jpg

I filled 8 of the 9 spots with new frags. All the frag plugs were standard ceramic plugs and fit perfectly. Now just to buy a few more of these. I will probably add 2 more to the back wall of my peninsula tank. I would like to do one with 9 different zoas on it. Trying my hand at more SPS right now.

32293506_10156139061385751_3971038032152231936_n.jpg

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
www.sustainablemarinecanada.ca
Reef Rax my new favorite natural looking frag racks!

Ian from Sustainable Marine Canada (SMC) was delivered a box of Reef Rax right before the show. In the past my feedback was that I am hesitant on trying them as I have a 120 gallon tank and they were not able to be used on half in glass. I guess the design team took that as a challenge as his latest delivery included racks specifically to be used in tanks with 1/2" glass and boy does it hold on.

They now come with an added backing plate that allows for better vertical stability and upgraded magnets. The outer magnets are not waterproof on 1/2” Racks. I have not found the 1/2" compatible ones anywhere other then SMC so far. He literally took deliver of the box the night before the 6th annual London Fragfest. I am sure his site will be updated in the near future. Reef Rax do not need to be cured. They will not leech anything into your tank and come in a few different colors and shapes.

As soon as I got home this went in my tank. I should have taken a picture first, but I was too excited to see how well it holds.

Here are the original Reef Rax.

View attachment 16596

It sat empty for a while during acclimation of my loot from the show this year. There are 9 holes in the one I have. I really need to invest in a better camera for photos.

View attachment 16594

I filled 8 of the 9 spots with new frags. All the frag plugs were standard ceramic plugs and fit perfectly. Now just to buy a few more of these. I will probably add 2 more to the back wall of my peninsula tank. I would like to do one with 9 different zoas on it. Trying my hand at more SPS right now.

View attachment 16595

I will update the site with these tomorrow. I think I will order the larger sizes in too based on the response I got to these :) there are a variety of colors too. I brought purple and brown in for now.
They also have a gravel based rock too if that interests any one.
I talked to them tonight. They thank everyone for their enthusiasm. They are pretty stoked to be in Canada now! Happy to be the one to bring them here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshbrookkate

I bought one of the smaller ones. I love it!
Because it was rated for only 1/4" glass, I thought I was going to have to use an old cleaner magnet I have. But no, the magnet it came with holds nicely on my standard Marineland 75g tank.
Which is great because that magnet is water proof. More flexibility, if I choose to put it on the overflow wall.
I will for sure be buying another one, as soon as my coral cash stash is built up again.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Left Sustainable Marine Canada yesterday with a bunch of goodies. Wasn't lying when I said I would be buying two more. Hopefully getting them in the tank today and getting rid of my tacky eggcrate racks. Sorry I am missing the soft opening today, but family first and it is my daughters Bday parties today. You got some amazing stock in yesterday and frag tanks are coming along nicely.
0db2552a031c5f829c24396fecd2c525.jpg

7d7e36da498233be39a3d8deebfa9c94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk