Reefaholics Anonymous!

Hello ... my name is Dave ... and I'm a REEFAHOLIC!! Or soon to be I'm sure. Last summer I acquired a fully set up 46 gal. bowfront from a buddy that was moving. I've dealt with the ups and downs of this evolving addiction and look forward to discussing various methods to cope with it amongst like minded fellow addicts. :)

I've researched for countless hours and have learned plenty but there still seems to be so much to understand. I have a limitless number of questions and am eager to gain as much knowledge as this forum is willing to offer. In this pursuit of knowledge and learning how to control my reefing addiction I ask only one thing! Please oh please let there be some DAMN HUMOR for when my brain starts to hurt! ;)

Here is a pic of the 46 gal. from several months ago. I also picked up a 10 gal. moon shaped aquarium that I want to set up as a quarantine/frag tank.

So I really do have a ton of questions and look forward to conversing with you all regarding reef (and perhaps other) topics.

Dave.

Last edited:
Thanks! Nice to finally be here! :D

I'll start another thread in the appropriate section at some point. I'm sure it will be a lengthy post so I want to make sure I take the time to explain properly and ask the right questions. Oh ... and since I didn't mention it in the first post I'm in London, ON. Are there many members here from London?

heath

Distinguished Member
welcome, if you have any questions you have come to right place.. there are tons of knowledgeable people here so don't be shy on asking questions..
the only dumb question is the one that you didn't ask..
are you coming to frag fest...tomorrow...

Yes I most certainly am going to FragFest. My buddy that gave me the tank is taking me. I was hoping to find some LED lighting but have heard that there isn't much in the way of hardware there. I'm still very excited to see all the corals etc. that will be available though. I do really want to get into fragging at some point. I have a nice green toadstool leather that has grown quite large since I first got it. I just need to get that 10 gal. up and running so I can start slow and see how it goes.

zoomster

Hi Dave.
Welcome to the Frag tank!
This is a great forum for questions and answers as there are a ton of great, knowledgeable helpful members here!
Hope you enjoy being a member of our family.

Thanks for the welcome everybody! I will certainly be posting in the Classified section when I have frags of anything available. I actually have 2 leather corals. The largest one is approx. 5"-6" across when open. I think it's from the Sarcophyton family of leather corals. It has a wavy flesh/pink coloured base with short light green polyps and closes up at night.

The other leather that I have is much smaller with another sprouting from the bottom. This one is just a tan colour with spikes coming out ... I don't see the polyps. This leather also grows much much slower than the green polyp one. I really like the Tyree Green Leather with the long bright green polyps that sway in the flow. I hope to get one of those at some point.

I'll try to get some pics later and post in a new thread on the forum. Along with my pickups from FragFest! :cool:

Last edited: