Reefers New 140.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
So after a few months of being out of the hobby, I'm starting to get back in the swing of things. This time I'll be going with a different tank and sump, 140g Dt and a 75g sump. Lighting will be 8×80w ATI t5, with 4 blue plus, 2 coral plus, 1 actinic, 1 purple plus. Not sure if I should plumb in for reactors or try to make room for a bunch of mangroves and macro algaes.

Only beef I have with this sump is the wasted space(IMO) on the left hand side for a water reservoir. Wish I could cut off the top of the baffle to allow water to travel over. Unfortunately the sump is going to be kind of an eye sore since there's no where I can keep it. Probably will build a shell that I can drop over it to cover it. Anyways that's it for now, will be plumbing everything this weekend and hopefully start making water a few days after.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Busted right corner?!?!?

In your sump. Why not decide on a water level line, then drill holes into the baffle for the "water holding section" an inch above water line. Then plumb off the main circulation pump to feed that section with low flow and use it as your fuge + macro algaes or mangroves.
I think it would work very well as a fuge.

Sony Xperia Z3

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Busted right corner?!?!?

In your sump. Why not decide on a water level line, then drill holes into the baffle for the "water holding section" an inch above water line. Then plumb off the main circulation pump to feed that section with low flow and use it as your fuge + macro algaes or mangroves.

Sony Xperia Z3
Yeah it was busted when someone tried drilling it. Gary fixed it and assured me it's fine ? I guess we'll see lol.
And that's a great idea, any normal drill bit will work on acrylic?

heath

Distinguished Member
that kind of sucks..can you put in through the back of the cabinet.. that's what I had to do on the big tank, take out a support, put the sump in and put it back...

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
No the stand is metal, and the stand itself isn't quite wide enough. I moved my room around today, now it's beside it instead of right in front of it. Which is better than nothing I guess lol.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Busted right corner?!?!?

Sony Xperia Z3
Think these holes are big enough? Biggest bit I could fit. Other ones were a touch to long. Or do I need to go in with a jigsaw and do a weir overflow?

heath

Distinguished Member
following along, I am wondering how the water is going to get into the socks, they look like they are sitting higher and I am still learning....