Reefers New 140.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well hopefully my tank doesn't go down for a couple hours without me around. Both bloody overflows have slight leaks in them. And I don't have the patience or the time to be fixing that...

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Well hopefully my tank doesn't go down for a couple hours without me around. Both bloody overflows have slight leaks in them. And I don't have the patience or the time to be fixing that...
You're asking for trouble if you don't fix those now.
Just think what would happen if power were cut while you're at work? You'll drain the tank into your sump and overflow it and end up with water damage to everything.

Take the time and fix them before getting started.

Sony Xperia Z3

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
You're asking for trouble if you don't fix those now.
Just think what would happen if power were cut while you're at work? You'll drain the tank into your sump and overflow it and end up with water damage to everything.

Take the time and fix them before getting started.

Sony Xperia Z3
In order to do it properly I'd have to redo the whole tank?? Since the new silicone won't seal to old.(where the overflow meets Glass)

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Where are the overflows leaking from, if it's near the top it will be a easy fix.
No its gotta be the very bottom corner.

On a side note this will probably be the last time I buy a used tank. So sick of the bullshit that comes with it. I have yet to buy a used tank that didn't have something wrong with it.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
In order to do it properly I'd have to redo the whole tank?? Since the new silicone won't seal to old.(where the overflow meets Glass)
Looks like the overflows are separate.
So just cut them both out, clean all old silicone off and re seal them with new silicone.

I always give 5-7 days dry time before adding water regardless of what the pkg says about 24hr dry time.

Sony Xperia Z3