reefkeeper elite heater control question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro069

I just recently purchased a refkeeper elite, set it up and its running good. One thing I am curious about is that the controller will hold my temp rock solid at 79.5 all day but when I get up in the morning it is dropped down to 78.4. This happens every day. Is there a setting to channge that will stop this. I turned off night mode but this has not helped.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Sounds like it is having a hard time keeping your tank temp at 79.5 when your house temp drops (at night). Your heating in your house is probably working in conjunction with that heater to keep it at 79.5 during day.

C

Camps23

Hey Nitro, I have the RKL plus. I was wondering what your settings for the heater are ? Do you have it setup under controller ?
So you have the RKE temp set point set to 79.5. What do you have your Hysteresis set to ?

I have mine setup as a controller. Temp set to 79 with my Hysteresis set to .5
I find my temp is always swing by 1degree. Im assuming my Hysteresis is set to high but not sure if its hard on the heaters
if I set the Hysteresis to low that the heaters are constantly flipped on and off.

Any ideas ?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i have mine set at 78 with a hysteries of 1..
but my tank always hovers at 77 during the night and 79-80 during the day.

i had a scare where the temp prob was reading 72 for some damn reason and kept my heater on so the tank was actually 81-82....
turns out the cord had become loose in the sl1 module and pushing it back in made the work again....

kinda scary where your failsafe fails... :?

C

Camps23

Poseidon link said:

i had a scare where the temp prob was reading 72 for some damn reason and kept my heater on so the tank was actually 81-82....
turns out the cord had become loose in the sl1 module and pushing it back in made the work again....

I keep my thermostat on my heaters set to 81 so even if the itemp fails the heaters will shutoff

nitro069

Camps23 link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=5038.msg48043#msg48043 date=1365772415]

I have also done the same. set mine to 80 ish
was looking on the net and came across some interesting stuff. some other people were having the exact same problem and what was suggested from DA was to re-flash the head unit and than reset back to factory defaults. this should be done any time you flash the head unit(this sucks and seems to be a pain in the arse). havent tried it yet but will soon and see how that works.

I keep my thermostat on my heaters set to 81 so even if the itemp fails the heaters will shutoff
[/quote]

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Set up your heater as a controller, set the device as SL1 temp, set the temp to desired, on when below and hystereis at .2, the heater will turn on at .2 degrees below set and off at set.

Status
Not open for further replies.