Reporting from Guelph!

donaldj

Howdy folks!

I've been reefing for about 9 months now, and my 20 Gallon is doing great. Let me introduce you to Howard and Ira the clowns, and Sam and Joon (pistol shrimp and watchman goby respectively).

Unfortunately I've been lazy in my picture taking, but here's one from early in February. Since then, I've added some large green star polyp, and acan frags.

W1vIoOQ.jpg

(sidebar: If any Guelph-based people have any spare frags, I'd love to haggle!)

not-so-boring boring equipment list:
  • 4xT5HO (96 watts total)
  • CurrentUSA Orbit Marine 24" LED fixture
  • 2xMaxiJet 600
  • Rio-Nano Skimmer
  • 20lbs Live Rock
  • JBJ ATO
  • 150W Visi-Therm Heater
  • 20lbs crushed coral

donaldj

Boga link said:
Welcome to the forum. Great start! I like the rockscape. Did the shrimp and the goby contributed little bit?

Yes! The gravel was all pretty uniform before I introduced Goby and Shrimp. Sometimes I still wake up in the morning to find that the shrimp has re-jigged the landscape entirely.

donaldj

Poseidon link said:
Welcome!

how did you find out about us?

I was just googling around for Ontario-based frag-swaps. Came across the post for the upcoming FragFest in London. I, unfortunately, am slave to the academics and have an exam the day after fragfest, and cannot justify spending a day away from my studies. I can't wait for Toronto Frags 2014!

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Welcome

I also have a pistol/yellow watchman.  They still move stuff around all the time.  But they're by far my favorite fish in the tank.  I love watching them.

Too bad about London frag fest.  Maybe someone local can grab some stuff for you.