Return pump

Davesfragtank

Hello again all looking for advice on a quiet return pump for a 300 gallon system the one we running is way to noisy any recommendations thanks

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Budget is really a big part of it. I would sell a kidney for a Abyss pump on a large build. You may look at the Ecotech Vectra L1 but they are really hard to get in Canada. You may want to look at another line. I do know someone to help get the L1 but may take a while and trust.

Davesfragtank

You would be pushing that M2 to the limits for sure. An M2 is good for 2,000gph or up to about a 180 gallon while the L2 3,100gph and up to about a 320 gallon.
What’s the best one you think that’s quiet and good for a 300 gallon system budget good we going full apex system so want everything pimp
It’s a i wall build so rather permanent lol

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I do not think they can order an L2. The L2 is 130w and I do not think it has approval in Canada to sell. The Apex COR20 is only 90w but only about 2,000 gph. Unfortunately I do not think there is a budget return pump for your size tank. You want to aim for about 3,000 gph. You will loose a lot of that with head and elbows etc. Maybe look at the Reef Octopus Varios 8 or Red Dragon? You could take a risk and buy a few Jebao 15,000 as they are dirt cheap if you can find them. We all know how dependable they are though. It could last years or just months. They tend to just stop working one day with no notice. Honestly your next best bet maybe to run 2 return pumps like 2x M2 or 2x COR-20. Either way, outside of Jebao you are looking at a lot of cash on a 300 gallon system.

Davesfragtank

I do not think they can order an L2. The L2 is 130w and I do not think it has approval in Canada to sell. The Apex COR20 is only 90w but only about 2,000 gph. Unfortunately I do not think there is a budget return pump for your size tank. You want to aim for about 3,000 gph. You will loose a lot of that with head and elbows etc. Maybe look at the Reef Octopus Varios 8 or Red Dragon? You could take a risk and buy a few Jebao 15,000 as they are dirt cheap if you can find them. We all know how dependable they are though. It could last years or just months. They tend to just stop working one day with no notice. Honestly your next best bet maybe to run 2 return pumps like 2x M2 or 2x COR-20. Either way, outside of Jebao you are looking at a lot of cash on a 300 gallon system.
No budget sorry worded it wrong we just want something top of line quiet and reliable

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I would personally go Red Dragon for sure if you want a single pump. For dual set up I believe you are running Ecotech lights so I would stick to 2 Vectra M2. They can be controlled independently on the controller or through their mobile app. That way you do not end up with multiple apps. Seeing that you have an Apex already then 2x COR20 would be good as well. I personally ran a Vectra on my 120 gallon when and it was a good solid pump. I am partial to Ecotech myself.

Davesfragtank

I would personally go Red Dragon for sure if you want a single pump. For dual set up I believe you are running Ecotech lights so I would stick to 2 Vectra M2. They can be controlled independently on the controller or through their mobile app. That way you do not end up with multiple apps. Seeing that you have an Apex already then 2x COR20 would be good as well. I personally ran a Vectra on my 120 gallon when and it was a good solid pump. I am partial to Ecotech myself.

Attachments

• EF47F802-E1AD-4167-BA27-D07978C4F3BD.png
    EF47F802-E1AD-4167-BA27-D07978C4F3BD.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 82