Riddler's 90G Reef

R

Riddler

Well I wanted to start a project long of my 90G Reef.  The tank itself is a standard 90 with a 30 gallon sump.  So far the tank is doing great, cycled pretty quick but I did use cured rock and seeded the tank with cheato and live sand.

Full tank shot.  Little stirred up.
DSC_0562.jpg

Left side with FrogSpawn and Hammer
DSC_0563.jpg

My front rock in the sand that was moved over from my 24G Nano.  Started these zoo's from 1 head.
DSC_0564~0.jpg

My clowns that have hosted my Open Brain.  Also moved over from the Nano.
DSC_0565~0.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

This picture is of my Duncans  I bought these as a single head and have spawned 2 more.
DSC_0567~0.jpg

Full tank show with the cabinet and canopy opened.  Lots of access for maintence.
DSC_0568.jpg

Now that my 90G is up and running, I'm plannig to sell the 24G Nano.  I'm also needing to get my ATO running since I have to replace about 6 cups of water a day.  Also need a pump to run the TLF PhosBan reactor.  I'm planning MaxiJet 400's.

Riddler

R

Riddler

So I'm trying to get an idea for stocking this tank.  I'm not going to run out and buy everything at once. 

I already have:

2 Clowns
1 Pink Spot Goby
1 Cleaner Shrimp

These are what I'm planning to add:

1 Blue Hippo Tang (Wife's favorite fish)
1 Yellow Tang
1 Mandarin Goby (few years away)
1-2 Cleaner Shrimp
2-3 Peppermint Shrimp (once I start getting aptasia)

Now after this I'm kinda stumped about what to add.  I've been thinking a Purple Firefish, some anthias and maybe some cardinels.  ANyone have any thoughts on other fish?  Any wrasses?

Riddler

R

Riddler

Added a pair of Bangii Cardnals today.  Great looking fish and they love to hover near the top of the tank.

Riddler

R

Riddler

I've added a Yellow Tang (Small) and a Christmas Wrasse from Sea U Marine.

I've also added three frags of zoo's from Rick.  Thanks Rick they opened up great!

Riddler

R

Riddler

Hmm well since you asked.  These were taken after a large feeding and during Ancitic time.

Open Brain after feeding.
DSC_0098.jpg

Candy Cane's with mysis in their mouth.
DSC_0099.jpg

Duncans doing the same as my the Candy Cane.
DSC_0100.jpg

Yellow Tang
DSC_0102~0.jpg

Christmas Wrasse
DSC_0103.jpg

That's it for now.

Riddler

R

Riddler

Well it's been a while since I've updated this.  I've upgraded some old hardware and I don't do much other than add water.  My reefKeeper does everything else.

Here's a FTS:
IMG_2025.jpg

Here's a few my my favorite pics from the last few days.

Yes this is suppose to be a mini carpet nem...  8" round isn't mini!  Hasn't split ever.
IMG_2054.jpg

Dinner time!
IMG_2081.jpg

Peek a Boo!  Well back to work...
IMG_2068.jpg

Fire & Ice and Nuclear Greens
IMG_2057.jpg

I've got more picture @ http://www.riddlerneon.com/gallery/index.php?cat=18

I've also been doing some fragging, just to help with my trades.  Here's what I have now, might be heading to Sam's Pampered Pets with it soon.

Birdsnest Frag
fragbirdnest.jpg

Flatliners, Purple polyps and 2 heads of Nuclear Green (1 baby head)
frags.jpg

Riddler