Rip

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well Lexington my leucistic leopard gecko of 16 years finally layed to rest, really gonna miss this little guy, he's been around since I was just a young punk, he was really friendly to, loved to be pet under his chin and the top of his head. His true age probably would of been around 20-21 as my buddy owned him for years before me, kinda really sucks though I'm such a animal person it's like losing a loved one, he's been with me for so long, not really sure what to do?, do I get rid of his giant 4' long custom plexi/stainless cage that's built into my wall or do i get another gecko, feelin kinda sad:(,,,, thx for listening fish friends

RIP Lexington, I'll always remember you buddy:)
image.jpg

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
ya it sucks when you lose a pet with a personality. My son got a rat and he was pretty cool and tame. he lasted just under two years and after he passed I realized just how much I interacted with him every day.

But having him that long it will sting for a long time. sorry about the loss but you had a special relationship with him and the memories will be with you forever.

Nighthawk26

Bah, that sucks man. Sorry for your loss. I lost a dog who was hit by a car, and I know the feeling. You almost feel guilty like you are replacing him if you get another. That's how I felt. Give it a little time maybe, and see how you feel in a few weeks/months.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Thx everyone,it really means alot to me,people that I don't even know or met care About a pet that I had, this is why this site is so great, everyone cares about everyone, who could ask for a better reefing community, seriously thank you everyone for your support, this really does mean a lot....

Thx Sean

Skim

Hi Sean, sorry to hear about your Gecko. It is funny how pets can become such a big part of our lives especially ones that you have physical contact with. You can lose a Fish and even a Coral and you may feel bad but not like a pet that you can physically relate with. I think you should get another one maybe 2 if the Gecko was human they would as you proved you can take good care of them unlike some that will be purchased and last a week because of poor care.
Go for it you will better from doing so.

Skim

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Sorry to hear it Sean. And nice that this community gets it... When I lose a cat most everyone has sympathy but when my ancient Iguanas passed after so many years (a long time ago) so many people said "well it's just a lizard"

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Sean, so sorry to hear your Gecko passed away. I felt the same way when I lost my veiled Chameleon. Any pet always becomes part of the family when you are an animal/fish person. I think you should get another and give another gecko a chance at a really good home.