Rodi units

Jason Bell

Depends on the size of your tank and water pressure. Personally, with a 240g tank I went with BRS 6 stage 200gpd and couldn't be happier. My water pressure is typically 74-78 and works great with this unit. I had previously used a 75gpd and a couple different 90gpd units. As long as you end up with 0 TDS then it's good, I just prefer the speed of this unit.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
My first RO/DI was a 5-stage from BRS with membrane flush and 2 TDS meters. It was a great unit. They make similar ones at reefsupplies.ca (Spectrapure MaxCap 90GPD-MF 5 stage RODI w/ dual tds). If you want more and have more to spend then you can upgrade to one with a booster pump.

Right now I just have my nano running and find that my AquaticLife Twist-In 100 GPD, 4-Stage RO/DI Unit works just fine for what I need. Replacement of the cartridge's is supper simple. They do cost a little more then a standard unit but for the little water I use they last a long time. Super convenient.

Luke.

Distinguished Member

Great site quick shipping and located in gta area these guys have everything you need
I believe mikes 75gpd 4 stage plus 2 stage di no booster pumped needed for me , added a few by passes myself and have 3 tds meters on there , it’s about 2 years old.
If you haven’t had one before it’s be the best think you can buy not by bf better then your own 0 tds water right in your house for the tank !

Attachments

• 75223286-A048-4664-BEE1-8AF55AE4248B.png
    75223286-A048-4664-BEE1-8AF55AE4248B.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 85

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Also , you can save 3+ months on your di by adding by passes so you don’t shoot 300+ tds into your di section , I started with a 6 stage for max spect water , I got it for around $250 and it was fine but I wanted more di so I took off the og di the came on top of the unit and added a separate unit for di off the side I got it on sale for $100 and that’s when I did my by pass / final product is what you see above

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
No matter what unit you decide, try to make sure you can re route the water before the DI. I added a T before the DI with a separate line and shut off. We keep a 5 gallon jug of RO water on hand for coffee and tea and it really does make a difference on taste. Especially when we do pour over. It also removes any contaminants from the water leaving the coffee makers and kettles clean of any build up.